View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #32
treytexag
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobdabomb View Post
Ron,

I am having one built right now, I have had multiple conversations with Jeff on the phone about configurations of the racks. The one I ordered was the 28, after long consideration with what I needed which was going to be heavy on the competition side as well as catering as I do want to do that on the side if anyone wants my bbq. The rack configuration I did as I tried to maximize space while giving me enough room for all 4 categories.

From the top to the bottom, the first 4 racks are 3.5" then the last two are 5". Which is perfect for mass catering, ton of room for ribs, chicken and the bottom two to max out with 12 butts at a minimum. Now for the competition side, I can remove the top and the third rack which will give me 7", 7", 5", 5". The assassin 28 is obviously heavier but I needed the room and from what I see and understand it is easily movable on hard surfaces and plywood so I dont expect any issues as 95% of time it will be on a concrete/asphault. I personally think this was the best set up for an Assassin 28. Total 6 rack space brings my assassin to just over 3700 sq inches which will be over 200 sq inches more than a maxed out 5 rack stump stretch. For $3000 and another $50 per rack, $3100 out the door thats insane.
Dabomb, you'll love it. My Assassin is an outstanding piece of equipment, cranks out delicious BBQ while allowing Daddy to get some sleep. I'm looking forward to hearing about your first few smokes on it.
treytexag is offline   Reply With Quote