• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Feeling Very Neutered

jeffsee

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So...I sold my 18.5" WSM to get the Big Poppa UDS kit, leaving me with NO smoker at home. Now I'm waiting for enough $$ to pull the trigger on a SS barrel.

I feel so twitchy with no smoker on the primesis. Is this normal?

I have never been without a cooker since building my first UDS...I'm lost.

No fire brick for Performer. :evil: Grill Grates make gasser run hot. :wacko:

I have four pork butts and six rack of ribs in freezer. All wasting away without a smoker. :cry:

Never again will I leave myself without either a UDS, WSM, or another smoker. :mmph:

Sorry,but you deserve it! Selling a WSM???,THE NERVE!!!:twitch: You Sir,are cursed! I wish you well,but would not insure you.I hope your protein does not freezer burn.Just funnin,good luck!!! :grin:

So...I sold my 18.5" WSM to get the Big Poppa UDS kit, leaving me with NO smoker at home. Now I'm waiting for enough $$ to pull the trigger on a SS barrel.

I feel so twitchy with no smoker on the primesis. Is this normal?

I have never been without a cooker since building my first UDS...I'm lost.

Once bitten, twice shy...

Trust me, you will NEVER make that choice again. Cause luck sometimes has it that you are in between cookers and instead of investing the money in a new one, you end up spending the saved up, extra cash on a broken window... :blah::mmph:

Interim: stack up 2-3 courses of concrete block leaving an fire door opening in one end. Place a cooking grate (rebar & any old grill grate), add 2-3 more courses of block. Get a chunk of tin or sheet metal for a roof & another for a door cover. Light a fire, add the meat, close her up with a final block holding the tin down and another for the door adjust the top & door for draft. I cooked butt, chicken & ribs like this for 15 years.

PS: Get LOTS of beer - you will be fire tending a lot more than with the WSM or UDS.

looks like you've got a SJ? build a mini WSM in the interim--should run you ~$40 or so, and they're seem to be pretty versatile.

It's normal. The thought of selling my wsm and seeing someone else drive away with it makes me ill.

I have four pork butts and six rack of ribs in freezer. All wasting away without a smoker. :cry:

Never again will I leave myself without either a UDS, WSM, or another smoker. :mmph:
It aint the pit it's the pitmaster I hear excuses:tsk:. No reason that those kettles can't turn out some dam fine "Q" I cooked on mine for 10 yrs when I was in the military because an Offset wasn't feasible do to moving every few years. You don't need no stinking Fire bricks!

You don't need fire brick in the performer to smoke something in it. I have a one touch gold with the coal baskets that the performer has. I have smoked ribs, brisket, and pork butt on my kettle. You can also do the ring of fire method in the kettle to smoke stuff as well.

Like bludawg said, all i hear is excuses and see no reason that you can put out some Q with your kettles.

You don't need fire brick in the performer to smoke something in it. I have a one touch gold with the coal baskets that the performer has. I have smoked ribs, brisket, and pork butt on my kettle. You can also do the ring of fire method in the kettle to smoke stuff as well.

Like bludawg said, all i hear is excuses and see no reason that you can put out some Q with your kettles.

what he said. now get to smokin'.

My goodness man, entertain yourself. Now would be a great time to experiment with the 5 varieties of Spam on the shelves. Honey nut cheerios with smoked jalapeno milk. Throw open the cupboards and mix and match.
Now all that being said consider this a coachable moment
:) :'(

Smokers are like insurance, don't cancel one until the new one is in effect.

weber.jpg

:laugh:[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL8e2ujXe8g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL8e2ujXe8g[/ame]

...thaw yer meat and GET SMOKIN!!!

It aint the pit it's the pitmaster I hear excuses:tsk:. No reason that those kettles can't turn out some dam fine "Q" I cooked on mine for 10 yrs when I was in the military because an Offset wasn't feasible do to moving every few years. You don't need no stinking Fire bricks!

Bludawg,

You have wounded me.:clap2:

Never had experience other than my WSM and UDS. I will take your prodding and attempt something on the Performer.

Just felt so comfortable on my WSM and UDS (old UDS is trapped at our camper a considerable ways away).

Was just feeling "bitchy" and needed my brethren friends to slap some sense into me.

Thanks!

I'm not sure I always agree with Bludawg but IMO this time he's spot on.

In fact, the very first thing I ever cooked on my very first grill (a '74 18.5 Weber kettle) was baby back ribs. They were fantastic! If I could do that with no experience and no more help than the recipe book that came with the kettle, think what you can do with the combined knowledge of the Brethren!

Back