Slapilicious Cedar Plank Salmon Revisited

Ross in Ventura

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Sunday Jackie and I cooked her daughter Kim her 45Th Ceder Planked Salmon. We thought we would use less Brown Sugar Sunday Jackie and I cooked her daughter Kim her 45Th Ceder Planked Salmon.
file_zps1ccc8b9e.jpg

Two ceder planks soaked in water overnight
file_zpsf1045f68.jpg

file_zpsea13e4f2.jpg

Two Salmon Fillet of Steel head with the revised rub brown sugar 1 1/2 T chicken rub, 2 t brown sugar 1/2C butter
file_zpsb14ac68c.jpg

file_zps2d1cf891.jpg

file_zps2ade48b5.jpg

Steel head on the planks for 8 min. @ 400*
file_zps9d164af2.jpg

file_zpsf8c289c2.jpg

Then I grilled pancetta wrapped asparagus that Jackie made with a citrus dressing
file_zps1b17fe49.jpg

file_zps05ce674f.jpg

file_zpsfbf3b133.jpg

file_zpsa80e05b0.jpg

Jackie Kim her Son Joe and Husband Brian. This was a wonderful meal and we really liked this verson

Orignal Recipe:http://www.slapyodaddybbq.com/2012/02/slapilicious-cedar-plank-salmon/

Thanks for looking

Ross

Looks great Ross! Have you ever tried that planked salmon with Dijon then a light sprinkle of brown sugar? That is our favorite around here.

Looks Really good. Would you ever cook that indirect with the plate setter/diffuser in the egg to keep from burning the cedar?

I like to marinate my salmon in a mixture of O.J. and horseradish. Then coat the top of the salmon with a mixture of the O.J., horseradish, S & P on the grill. The heat really tames the kick from the horseradish and turns it almost sweet.

Kudos that looks amazing. I just tried planked salmon for the first time last week. I cooked at 350 for 15 with olive oil, lemon juice dry dill and salt and pepper and it was cooked on white wine soaked planks. Your method looks far tastier even though.

That looks really good, I want to try Soo's chicken rub.

But do you know Steelhead are trout? Those aren't salmon fillets.

I was kinda wondering that too. Looks fantastic regardless and definitely something I need to do soon.

Back