• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chimney is up in flames right now, help!

Fatalis

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Its burning real hot with fire now, what do I do???? Let it burn?

The stack on a cooker? I'd stop all air flow to put it out.

A charcoal chimney? proceed!

The chimney in your house? Call the fire department!

It depends on what you mean.

Ok guys...lol

Should I restart the process with new ones because I am doing a pulled pork?

The stack on a cooker? I'd stop all air flow to put it out.

A charcoal chimney? proceed!

The chimney in your house? Call the fire department!

It depends on what you mean.

Good point. I assumed it was the charcoal chimney.

Dave

If you're talking your chimney of coals that you are going to put on top of your unlit coals are burning with lots of flames, just wait till they calm down and ash over. Then dump on your unlit.

Does that help? Maybe I still don't understand your issue.

I think that might be the idea is to have a charcoal chimeny burn to start the charcoal, at least up here that is..

Thanks guys, I am just a little nervous thats all. When my mom decides to take a look shes gonna be on fire :oops:

Proceed!

Once they get hot in a chimney I don't think they will slow down until there's nothing left to burn and that will go quickly.

Don't be nervous - that's what they're supposed to do. Some folks who like a really hot grill for searing will set a grate on top of the charcoal chimney to achieve that.

Proceed!

Once they get hot in a chimney I don't think they will slow down until there's nothing left to burn and that will go quickly.

Don't be nervous - that's what they're supposed to do. Some folks who like a really hot grill for searing will set a grate on top of the charcoal chimney to achieve that.

Well, if its gonna be toast will it last a 10 hour smoke on top of already used charcoal?

Please explain what your chimney is. Which one and then you can be calmed.Steve.

can anybody help me with this? I think the Easter bunny that brings chicken eggs really started the confusion this morning. Or is it the moonshine coffee? Caffine please kick in..

Which way did they go!?!

If you have filled the chimney with charcoal, you have a problem, but, it is manageable. Put the coals in your cooker, it will spike in temps a little. Shut down the intake completely for 10 minutes the crack it open. Temps will be in the 300f range, put meat on. Since you started hot, and have used charcoal for fuel, you'll end up with about 5 hours of cooking time for a normal load.

When my mom decides to take a look shes gonna be on fire :oops:

Is it just me? Am I losing my mind? Do any of Fatalis responses address anything that anyone has asked? Do they make any sense? I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue...

Back