Thread: Why do we....
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #10
WineMaster
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnaws on Pigs View Post
I'll disagree with that one. I love cooking on a live fire. I love real bbq. But I've eaten some delicious stuff that came out of a crockpot, and I'm not gonna snob and dis a meal cooked in a crock pot as long as it tastes good. As much as I love smoked and grilled food, smoking/grilling is not the ideal means for cooking some things. I make grilled french fries sometimes, but I prefer deep-fried ones. A deer roast cooked in a crockpot is hard to beat, it's about the ideal method to cook it. I'll break out the pan on the rangetop to cook stir-fry instead of cooking it on the smoker. Pasta is generally better boiled than grilled. If it tastes good, I like it, no matter how it's cooked. If it tastes bad, I don't like it. I would rather have a good meal cooked in a crockpot by Jane Doe as a bad one cooked for 14 hours over old-growth cherry coals by the Messiah Franklin. Of course, it's usually better cooked over fire than not, but not always. I've made good bbq hot, slow, wrapped, nekkid, whatever. As long as the end product is good, I'm happy.

The title of your thread confuses me

MJH From Backyard Bomber BBQ -- Junior
YS 640 Comp
22.5 Weber Kettle
Blue Thermopen

Comp Team
Wine & Swine
WineMaster is offline   Reply With Quote