Favorite Commerically made sausage to smoke?

Slovaceks, Kilbosa, Opas, If ya aint from Tx then I'm probably talking a foreign language.
The Germans have nothing on the Czechs when it comes to sausage.
Couldn't agree more

Mike, I had that wrong, I will adjust my definition going forward. I was misinformed about the smoking part.

Landarc,

Your definition was partially correct.

Actually if you have read any of Stanley Marianski's books on sausage, in the 18th Century (page 7 - Polish Sausages) the first written record of Kielbasa did refer only to a thick heavily smoked sausage. It wasn't until later when Keilbasa become a generic term for sausages.

Call me #5. I always have several pounds in the freezer ready for thawing and smoking. Harder to get here as the SAMs around here no longer carry them.:mad2:

Personally, I like Johnsonville Brats. I will cook them indirect on my Performer with some K and Hickory on the other side. They turn a beautiful mahogany color and you can see the juices boiling under the skin. they snap and spit juice across the patio and are so good. For tailgate parties I precook, smoke and then bag them. On game day I add them to a pan of onions, buttah and beer to warm them up. They don't last long in the spa. Once they're warm they're gone.

Look for small shops that make sausage. There is a meat market near me that makes good sausages, and I get brats from Kuby's German meat market that are outstanding.

The next best thing to homemade is locally made, IMO.

CD

Back