• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pit Barrel Cooker chicken

thanksgiving food i made bbq and tom yom soup

great pics the dog is lucky,what were the ingredients in your rub? i cooked 2 cornish hens in my weber on thanksgiving and a butt and some pork ribs,and made some tom yum soup,see pics below:razz:

http://thebarbecuemaster.net

Attachments

• IMG_2656.jpg
    IMG_2656.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_1003.jpg
    IMG_1003.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 202
Cool. FYI - The PBC is a 30-gallon drum, not 55.

John

thanks, I'm aware that it is a 30 gallon which will actually work better for me. I've been limited to rolling my ribs with a skewer to cook a full rack on my 18" WSM. I couldn't believe it when I saw the video of him cooking 8 full racks. It almost makes me want to buy two at the lower price and start catering lol.

thanks, I'm aware that it is a 30 gallon which will actually work better for me. I've been limited to rolling my ribs with a skewer to cook a full rack on my 18" WSM. I couldn't believe it when I saw the video of him cooking 8 full racks. It almost makes me want to buy two at the lower price and start catering lol.

Ha! Don't let the size fool you. :-D Here's a shot of 12 cornish game hen halves hanging at a
competition earlier this year.

2012-RibFest-Chix-Cook-630.jpg

John

Resisting the urge to buy one... tempting... tempting... no. I don't need one. But I want one... But only to figure out how they work.

Now John, answer the question whether you have ever burned meat. And talk to your buddy Noah and find out why his ribs aren't burned/ well done at one end but not the other. thanks. :wink:

Resisting the urge to buy one... tempting... tempting... no. I don't need one. But I want one... But only to figure out how they work.

Now John, answer the question whether you have ever burned meat. And talk to your buddy Noah and find out why his ribs aren't burned/ well done at one end but not the other. thanks. :wink:

I've never even come halfway close to burning meat, and I've cooked all four comp
categories in it at a comp. In fact, when I joined Noah's team as an assistant we beat
Johnny Trigg in ribs (hung) and pork.

Noah will be on Greg Rempe's BBQ Central Radio tonight at 10 EST to discuss the
cooker.

John

P.S. Want to really have your categories blown? Watch his tri-tip video
and pay close attention to the small end when he slices it. ;-)

John

I made a turkey hanger and hung my Thanksgiving bird. It was 14 lbs and
cooked to perfection in three hours. No muss, no fuss, no kidding!

13420485b2daef7b9319a37e1156e6c8.png

John

Great idea Patio with the turkey hanger. I too own a PBC and love it. I did 3 12LB turkeys thanksgiving day and all came out othe PBC moist and not burned or charred to death. Of course I did them one at a time. About 2.5 to 3 hours. Perfect. I think the pic in the threads before are deceiving it does look like the q is close to the fire but that is not the case. My neighbor was still watching his bird when I had finished 3 birds!!LOL Now he wants what I have.

You just adjust temps by the vent at the bottom? So it vents at the top through the rebar holes? Thanks.

You just adjust temps by the vent at the bottom? So it vents at the top through the rebar holes? Thanks.

Well, the short answer is that you don't need to adjust temps. The intake
comes pre-set to your elevation (based on zip code). You only need to adjust
it if you change elevation.

Yes, the exhaust is through the rod holes.

John

So does it run at a certain temp range? Say I'm in Maine. (Thanks for the help.)

It'll run at about 275-290* at the rods regardless of where you are if you leave the intake at the preset.

John

Thanks for the help. Seriously debating getting one. I don't imagine you would know how long the sale is going on for?

Thanks for the help. Seriously debating getting one. I don't imagine you would know how long the sale is going on for?

Through the end of the year, I believe. Call 'em and ask. I guarantee you'll
get an answer from the owner or his wife almost instantly.

John

That's great. I REALLY appreciate you helping answer questions for a product that's not even yours. I'll call them also. Thanks again. Gonna listen tonight to the radio show (if I can deal with listening to the host.)

Well, the short answer is that you don't need to adjust temps. The intake
comes pre-set to your elevation (based on zip code). You only need to adjust
it if you change elevation.

Yes, the exhaust is through the rod holes.

John

Interesting. I didn't know that. Hard to believe they've figured that out. You sure it isn't voodoo?

One last question, how does it adjust for outside temps.? Does it just run colder when it is like 20* outside and you cook longer? Or is there some voodoo magic.

Interesting. I didn't know that. Hard to believe they've figured that out. You sure it isn't voodoo?

One last question, how does it adjust for outside temps.? Does it just run colder when it is like 20* outside and you cook longer? Or is there some voodoo magic.

The powder coat has thermo-molecular voodoo granules that expand at cooler
ambient temperatures to provide a less thermally conductive surface. This keeps
the internal temperature perfectly consistent in all weather conditions.

It's pretty cool.

John

Powder/Ceramic coating can be that good. I didn't realize that this unit was coated with such material. That totally changes my opinion of it's cost versus what you get for the money!

Powder/Ceramic coating can be that good. I didn't realize that this unit was coated with such material. That totally changes my opinion of it's cost versus what you get for the money!

Dudes, it was a joke! It's powder-coated steel, so of course it's subject to cooling in cold
weather. Wow!

John

Back