Weber Genesis 2000 - is it worth it??

Has it got a side burner? I use that more than anything else. Works great for lighting the charcoal chimney.

Kevin said:
Has it got a side burner? I use that more than anything else. Works great for lighting the charcoal chimney.

I don't think so. I went back to newspaper to light chimneys. Got tires of paying for propane. My cheap gasser is going down hill.

I have one about the same age and it cooks great.
Easy to clean and replacement are widely available.
It's worth the money.
I have been using it since we are under a burn ban here and
I haven't been using charcoal.

thillin said:
I don't think so. I went back to newspaper to light chimneys. Got tires of paying for propane. My cheap gasser is going down hill.

Last cook I did, I used those Weber charcoal lighting cubes under the chimney. Couldn't decide if I could taste it or not. The package claims you can't.

I've been using the Weber starter cubes since November, 1 lights a whole chimney with no taste problems.

FatDad said:
I have one about the same age and it cooks great.
Easy to clean and replacement are widely available.
It's worth the money.
I have been using it since we are under a burn ban here and
I haven't been using charcoal.

I'm still using charcoal very discreetly................:icon_smil

I use the paper to light my coals also. Does the side burner do a better/faster job? Never really thought of using my gasser for lighting coals.

JTMcD.

You can always offer the guy $75 and if he doesn't take it then work your way back up to $100. If you can take a look at it, check out the bottom of the firebox. That's the part that can corrode and cause problems. Its possible to get a new firebox, but I don't know how much it would cost.

Back