• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rebuild Log: $25 Weber Performer CL Find (Lots of pics)

Excellent write up and photography!

I restored an SS performer last year and it feels good to get one of these gems back into shape :thumb:

Nice restoration but I think we are going to need more details!:razz::laugh:

Excellent job, Brother and thanks for documenting your process!

Excellent write up and photography!

I restored an SS performer last year and it feels good to get one of these gems back into shape :thumb:

Thanks!

I love the SS Performers. I've never seen one in person though. They look great in pics.

Really cool post. Thanks for all of the pics, and tutorial. Now I just have to get a CL score like that!

Matt

Thanks!

Matt, I searched for about two months off and on. I found this one the moment I gave up. :)

Fantastic pictorial.

FYI to you and others, the easy off works great on the bowl and lid, but I would not use it on the alluminum/alluminized pieces (such as the ash sweep mec). It off gasses Hydrogen or something similar. Just remove those parts and clean them separately with another cleaner.

Fantastic pictorial.

FYI to you and others, the easy off works great on the bowl and lid, but I would not use it on the alluminum/alluminized pieces (such as the ash sweep mec). It off gasses Hydrogen or something similar. Just remove those parts and clean them separately with another cleaner.

Excellent point. I knew that Easy-Off would eat through aluminum, so I used a citrus based cleaner for everything except the bowl and lid.

I tried removing the One Touch system, but I couldn't figure it out the day I was working on it. I didn't want to break it. :grin: It'll be removed the next time I clean it.

Back