View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #10
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokedelic View Post
It's not the way I feel, but apparently, it's the way you feel.

To answer your question "If a rule is near impossible to enforce then why have the rule" more directly, you have those rules that are hard to enforce because the vast majority of cooks out here will follow them anyway, regardless of the amount of oversight or level of enforcement. There will always be a small minority that will not follow the rules, intentionally or unintentionally, no matter how many or how few rules there are and no matter how great or how lacking the oversight may be, but that shouldn't be the justification for doing away with a rule.

That's an argument I can listen to and appreciate.

I've suggested some changes, to pork in particular. Money is becoming a bigger player in some contests. I don't think RGC will be as pissed if they miss out on $5k, as they will if it's $50k and the GC is discovered to be cheating at some point. Those contests are out there, and if we take care of business there could be more.

Doesn't KCBS have an obligation to look at those issues and try to address them before the fact?

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote