• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment People's Choice Rib Cook Off - Hickville, NY - September 17th, 2011

I know im in the paid list but im definitely out. Deja Que

Sorry man. Got an email that someone was calling today at some point and hour ago

Sent from my DROIDX

Guys how's it going this is Sal from hose co 4 in Hicksville, we are organizing the event.. If you have any questions please email us at co4cookoff@optonline.net

As of 7 pm 9/6 teams paid and registered

Smoking barrel
EZ que
Smokenstein and monster
Babylon grillbillies
Smokin Irish
Mikes backyard
2 fat pollacks
Smoking aces

Grill scouts still waiting for your app
TreeCue boys are interested

If you have registered please email us so we have a record of your email address some forms came back without email address

We still have room for teams we would like to get the teams finalized. We met a bunch of teams at the Manorville event and many expressed an interest in a judge portion. We are going to have a rib turn in and it will be judged. We will contact all all registered teams a week before the event to answer any last minute questions and to go over the logistics for the event.

Guys how's it going this is Sal from hose co 4 in Hicksville, we are organizing the event.. If you have any questions please email us at co4cookoff@optonline.net

As of 7 pm 9/6 teams paid and registered

Smoking barrel
EZ que
Smokenstein and monster
Babylon grillbillies
Smokin Irish
Mikes backyard
2 fat pollacks
Smoking aces

Grill scouts still waiting for your app
TreeCue boys are interested

If you have registered please email us so we have a record of your email address some forms came back without email address

Hey Sal, I'm happy you joined!

I unfortunately have a boy scout campout that day/night and need to also load the trailer for Seaside Heights the following weekend so I'm out. Good luck to all!

I unfortunately have a boy scout campout that day/night and need to also load the trailer for Seaside Heights the following weekend so I'm out. Good luck to all!

Enjoy the campout, I have two sons in Troop 113 in Centerport and our nephew made Eagle two weeks ago.

Is there a deadline for the application...would like to participate but have to finalize work schedule changes

First time, looking forward to it. Figuring I can grill a rack on my hibachi every 22 minutes or so...so I should get a case and a half or ribs done just in time. I was thinking a teriyaki-hoisin glaze. If you don't think that'll work, maybe i need to hit the library and read up on this BBQ stuff.

-Chuck

P.S. Probably not staying overnight.

Last edited:
Anybody who is looking to set up Friday night and or do an over nighter please drop me an email at co4cookoff@optonline.net i would need to know approximately what time you will be arriving so we have security meet u there to show u where to park

All registered teams should look for an email from us on 9/12 Monday if u don't receive anything please email us we will be discussion the rib/voting tickets directions timeline for day etc

Sal

First time, looking forward to it. Figuring I can grill a rack on my hibachi every 22 minutes or so...so I should get a case and a half or ribs done just in time. I was thinking a teriyaki-hoisin glaze. If you don't think that'll work, maybe i need to hit the library and read up on this BBQ stuff.

-Chuck

P.S. Probably not staying overnight.

Chuck, welcome to the club!
My suggestion would be to stick with a traditional bbq sauce. But then again, if 9 teams are using bbq sauce and you're using something different and better, you might run away with it.
As far as reading up on bbq, everything you want to know can be found right here on this forum. The best bbq cooks in the world are on here sharing their knowledge with each other. Everything I know about bbq and competing I learned right here.
Good luck at the comp and let me know if you have any questions.

As of today, we are at 10 teams:
The Smoke 'N Barrel
EZ Que
Smokenstein & the Monster Crew
Babylon Grillbillies
Smoking Irish
Mikes Backyard
Smokin Aces
The Grill Scouts
Two Fat Polocks
Tree Cue Boys

There's still room for more teams and there's still time to sign up if any teams want to jump in last minute.
Now that Norwalk is cancelled this weekend, come on out to Hicksville next weekend.

Thanks, James.
I was a little tongue-in-cheek about the teriyaki on the hibachi, but it's a neat idea.

Name is no longer Tree Cue Boys - now officially known as Mornin' Wood.

-Chuck

Back