View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 10:51 PM   #59
sandiegobbq
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post
LOL and as I have said - foiling is the same as simmering because yes your eat simmers in there. But alas... didn't the FUNK cover the taboo of simmering????? I think it was there that the MYTH that simmering was at least more "traditional" than we give it credit for and when you say something like "one thing bbq ain't is simmering (or boiling) one has to pause... and think about our fore-fathers - not Mike Mills or Billy Bones Wall but guys like Walter Jetton that predate "packers." Of course the sandiego never said this so he and I are cool. Its the rest of you artseholes I worry about.

For more on this go here -

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...o+of+simmering

However it is the OFFICIAL position that not foiling is just my preference and also I am an expert at it... and have taught it can be done with great results... but a guy once said in here.. BBQ is the end result.
That is a very good thread.

Have you ever cooked ribs on the grill? I gave it a try tonight and I think it has potential. I did them at 325 and went about 1.5 hours more or less didn't exactly measure. Q is an art and not a science and I don't log things or get all anal about it!
sandiegobbq is offline   Reply With Quote