Southern Yankee pit question

jbrodgers

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Does anyone here have any experience with a southern Yankee rotissarie pit? What do you think about it?

JR

I was looking for info as well on those, and that thread really didn't help much. Saw it earlier. Was wondering how one would compare to a large offset. I guess there are two issues, rotisserie vs. other types pros/cons, and SY vs. the other commercial grade rotisseries. I wonder what the build quality, ease of operation, temp-holding, longevity, etc. is with the SY.

Greg

Hey Greg, i have an older 6' southern yankee, and i feel that it is very easy to control temp in, holds temp very well, I start with a bed of charcoal, then go all wood, usually only takes 2 splits about every hour and a half, I like the rotissere as it is basically self basting, gives a larger capacity with a small foot print. Only thing I don't care for is that the shelfs are bolted in, where a higher end southern pride or such aren't, makes for alittle extra work to take out to clean. but I would still recommend it.

I was looking for info as well on those, and that thread really didn't help much. Saw it earlier. Was wondering how one would compare to a large offset. I guess there are two issues, rotisserie vs. other types pros/cons, and SY vs. the other commercial grade rotisseries. I wonder what the build quality, ease of operation, temp-holding, longevity, etc. is with the SY.

Greg
did nt read it huh?

Back