Contest Announcment Triple Crown of Ohio BBQ

roksmith

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
By popular demand, The Triple Crown of Ohio BBQ is back for 2011.

The Triple Crown of Ohio BBQ consists of the three KCBS sanctioned State Championships in Ohio.

The contests are:

BrickStreet BBQ, June 10-11th in Marietta, OH

Ohio Veteran Barbecue Cook-off, July 8-9th in Kettering, OH

Ohio Smoked Meat & BBQ Festival, October 14-15th in Nelsonville, OH

Top prize consists of $500 cash, a Trophy, and an assortment of Patter Fam sauces

For complete details, visit:
http://brickstreetbbq.com/triplecrown

Glad to hear it is coming back. We will be at all 3 events again this year.

That 2nd place finish last year left us hungry to chase it again in 2011.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

Kettering was proud to be the second stop of the Triple Crown last year and we're looking forward to doing it again this year. Thanks to Dave and Dan for all their efforts.

You bringing that monster RV back again this year Jim? The pavement is still gone, so you can probably still make it in the lot :)

Actually, we haven't asked for the use of that area this year.. We will if we need to, but we're currently hashing out where to arange teams this year. Last idea we were tossing around would be to move the vendors and tents out into the street and put all but a few of the teams in the main lot. The teams not in the main lot would be on the street either because their rigs are huge like Chix Swine and Bovine's rig, or teams that need to hit the road early.
We know some folks like to hit the road right after the awards, but we are trying to keep the "party" in one main area this year instead of two segmented sections.

By moving the vendors and tents into the street, we hope to allow for a little more room between teams this year.....was a little snug in the main lot last year.

you guys are just being un-sociable now :)

Not at all, got to have an easy way for Dan to park the trailer. He's still learning, want to give everyone else wide berth............:becky:
Besides we'll be twice as big as last year......

Let me know if you need judges... I don't think I'll be competing this year. And it was almost more fun just visiting with DivaQ last year in Kettering!

Jim, I'm throwing this out early this year... If you have something I can help with for Kettering, let me know.

Just let us know how big the rig is when you sign up and we can make sure you have one of the "easy access" spots.
Slap one of those Student Driver stickers on the back window. Folks will be sure to leave you plenty of room :)

I know that I am doing the first two legs, Marietta and Kettering, but, if all goes better than planned will be in Arkansas for a small contest there....

Back