Pork Pulling

Bossmanbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
I've been trying to find a tool I have seen a couple of times on Food Network shows, the name I heard that they were called were "bear claws" which is what they look like, and they look perfect for pulling pork. Anyone know where I can find these?

Bossman
chuckmarting@bossmanbbq.com

Bossmanbbq said:
I've been trying to find a tool I have seen a couple of times on Food Network shows, the name I heard that they were called were "bear claws" which is what they look like, and they look perfect for pulling pork. Anyone know where I can find these?

Bossman
chuckmarting@bossmanbbq.com

Try bear "paws" and search here or google.
They are pretty "OK".

Cotton gloves, covered by latex gloves work fine to and give ya a bit more feel and control over the process.

TIM

They're usually on Ebay all the time as well.

Haven't tried them but for the $10-15 (??) I think they sell for, it's cheap enough to pick up a pair in addition to neoprene gloves like the Kapn mentioned.

i got mine on ebay, but recently, thanks to the info provided by the brethren i dont really need them for pulling, just maybe moving large chunks of hot meat around. i foil around 160* internal temperature with chamber temperature at about 250*, take it up to 195* or 200*, then cooler back down to 160*. the last few times i have done this correctly (excluding my recent cold day problems) there was no need to pull with a fork or the claws. the meat just kinda fell into pieces, very tender and moist. hope this helps.
phil

Bear claws are great for pulling pork

I used bear claws yesterday for pulling pork. I have found that this is really the best use for them. They lift and hold meat all right but for pulling they are great.

Back