Proud of my First Ever KCBS Comp Results

Teamfour

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I cooked my first ever comp this weekend at the Bluemont BBQ Bash in Bluemont VA. It was a tough field of 34 teams including some real heavy hitters in the KCBS world including 3eyez BBQ.

I am happy to say I scored a 5th place in chicken and a 10th overall. I was absolutely astounded. What was real cool is that when the organizer announced my chicken call, she also announced it was my first comp. The congratulations I received from other teams was heartfelt.

I was so excited, that when they announced my 10th place overall I went running to the stage only to be told I don't get anything. I didn't care how silly I looked, I just kept whooping it up.

Hopefully the results will be posted here soon.

Congrats!

"I didn't care how silly I looked, I just kept whooping it up."

Dang, we need a video of that! :laugh:

Congrats! I drove by there Friday and was hoping to get back over Sat but it didn't work out.

Great Job Lee! I knew you could do it.

541676_493517840722945_1283224625_n.jpg

Congrats!

"I didn't care how silly I looked, I just kept whooping it up."

Dang, we need a video of that! :laugh:

It was funny. Lee was waving his arms around like a windmill on his way to the stage when he got turned back. He didn't care! He sat down in the back row and I was able to catch his eye and give him a thumbs up. Lee is the perfect example of a new competitor who studies his craft, practices, and then enters the comp world ready to go.

Congratulations on your first comp. Now you are one of us . I bet you went home looking up what next event you wanted to enter. Sounds like you had a great time and that is what it is all about .

Back