$115 Weber kettle cart

9237092294_ac7b95af25.jpg

Here's a sneak preview. I'm going to do a thread on it once I get it dialed in. The cut may be too big. Might end up putting that back together with a hinge for fire tending and going with a smaller opening.

20" pizza pan for the shelf. 18" for the lid heat deflector.

Awesome! I'll be looking for that thread. Thanks for the sneak peak!

Love the set up!!! One of the other fellas sent me this link... Great idea for sure!!! Wanting to figure out how to incorporate my kamado in my table as well

Muidaq - do you mind sharing where you got the weber lid holder and the smaller SS hooks? I keep getting closer and closer to exactly what I'm envisioning :cool:

Both the lid and the hooks are weber parts. Just cut and/or straightened so they could be attached to the table.

Be sure to check out the Primo forum to see how they are using it. This table could do a 22" Weber and probably up to a large BGE. I even toyed with doing two cutouts for cookers and another table for the work surface.

Slide Aside:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00008W71T/ref=redir_mdp_mobile"]Weber Slide Aside Lid Holder - 16116:Amazon:patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

Hooks:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000WEMG24/ref=aw_1st_sims_7?pi=SS115"]Weber 7401 Tool Holder:Amazon:patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

I think I might go have a look at one of those to use as a prep table and replace my plastic top folding table. The table top is the only part that is stainless steel. I wonder if I'd have issues with rust on the rest of it?

Those tables from sam's are NSF rated. I have used them for a couple years, no rust yet "knock on wood"

Nice table. You need to add one of these to make it complete.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AOK8SE/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER"]Amazon.com: InterDesign Swivel Wallmount Paper Towel Holder, Brushed Stainless Steel: Home & Kitchen[/ame]

I've been on the lookout for a BBQ cart when I came across a thread on the Primo forum about a $100 stainless cart from Sam's club people were using to hold their Oval XLs. Well the price has increased to $115, but it's still a steal. A few jigsaw blades, a half dozen Dremel cutting wheels, and some L brackets later, viola.

The hole is 22.5" but there is lower structure that prevents the handles from sitting on the tabletop, which was the original plan, but that's ok by me. Now the only direct heat transfer from the kettle to the table is through the support brackets.

9235233840_8277648360.jpg

The mini WSM fitting on the bottom was just icing on the cake. It's a tight fit, but I can lower the bottom shelf another 1.5".
I just picked up this table to make a similar cart. Have you had any heat issues? I too will keep space between the kettle and the table.

No heat transfer issues with this setup and I've even done a 700* cook with the Pizza Kettle.

So I found this post it's been 4 years now. wondering if you still use it and if so any issues to worry about. If not why and what did you move to?

I do still use it and it's holding up pretty well. The only issue I've had is rust on the lower shelf and on the tool holder. No issues with the handles holding up the kettle. It's been uncovered most of its life.

If I keep it much longer (the Pitboss kamado is calling to me), I'll probably replace the bottom shelf and give the new one a few coats of something to protect it. I'll also cut it down by a few inches as it's a bit tall.

Thanks for the interest.

I do still use it and it's holding up pretty well. The only issue I've had is rust on the lower shelf and on the tool holder. No issues with the handles holding up the kettle. It's been uncovered most of its life.

If I keep it much longer (the Pitboss kamado is calling to me), I'll probably replace the bottom shelf and give the new one a few coats of something to protect it. I'll also cut it down by a few inches as it's a bit tall.

Thanks for the interest.

Love my Pit Boss Kamado. It needed some extra gasket material and I would like to build a large cart (6+ feet with counter space and storage) for it rather than the nest and little shelves it came with. Other than that not many complaints.

Back