ABTS on gas grill?

intrex

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I prepared ABTs with the intention of cooking them on my UDS for a friends party. We ended up going to the party much earlier than I thought so I didn't get to smoke them. I am about to try to cook them on a gas grill on the top rack at my buddies house. I am planning to just cook them at low on the top rack for as long as possible. Should I do anything differently cooking them on a gas grill?

Attachments

• IMG_4398[1].jpg
    IMG_4398[1].jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 96
make sure you cook them in a pan to reduce flare ups, other than that, you should be good to go!

If the grill is capable cook 'em indirect...put them on one side with burners off and crank the other side up. should also help to avoid flareups

Hey,

Thanks for the info. I ended up putting them on the top rack only using two of the 4 burners on at their lowest setting. I then put my slotted stainless steel vegetable grilling pan upside down over the grate as a heat diffuser. That keep the top rack temp at around 230. They were cooked for about 2 hours and turned out perfect. They actually may have been better than the smoked version.

Back