Contest Announcment People's Choice Rib Cook Off - Hickville, NY - September 17th, 2011

Thanks for the list of events. I should have my s#*t together by then. maybe even october? The hardest part is coming up with a team name and convincing my wife to let me buy a small trailer for the smoker. I already have an inclosed 24' car trailer taking up room in the driveway.

Since pretty much everyone on this thread is local, anyone know of a reliable place to get beef back ribs? My local Pathmark had some last week and I picked up a rack to try out. They came out amazing and would love to get more, but that was the only time I've ever seen them around and they dont have anymore.

so im guessing i dont get my 5th place trophy for this contest

Should have done better!! Then you would be in this situation. You can always turn those crappy spatula's into a trophy, or you can put a post it on the Judged (1st place) trophy that says 5th place peoples choice!!!

You sell that thing yet?? Where are the pics of the new monster??

Should have done better!! Then you would be in this situation. You can always turn those crappy spatula's into a trophy, or you can put a post it on the Judged (1st place) trophy that says 5th place peoples choice!!!

You sell that thing yet?? Where are the pics of the new monster??

no they all feel threw i actually had a guy from Rhode Island and jersey but still hjave it and cant build one till the other is gone , so im in a pickle

try resturant depot or western beef in mineola.

Yeah, I actually bought some at that Western Beef last weekend. Not as hard to store in the freezer as the three rack packs from Restaurant Depot. Also, my guys at Pelligrini Prime Meats on Covert Ave. can hook you up with quality stuff.

Little update we are are planning on doing another event for 2012.

Looking for dates suggestions and comments

Sal

We are looking into upgrading this event to a full comp with a people choice rib event on Sunday after turn ins. Looking at a weekend in early september.

Back