Comp Chicken temp and time?

rkoener

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am going to do comp chicken for the first time and I have been working on my process. I think I have a good plan for the prep, but I need some thoughts on cook time and temp. I am doing bone in, skin on thighs. I plan to marinate them then cook in a parkay bath for ? mins at ? temp. Then they will come out and go on the grate for ? mins at ? temp. I plan to dip them in warm sauce and box them. If they are done early I will keep them warm in the sauce bath for a while.

Can you chicken experts please comment on both the time/temp and my procedure? I think I am close and obviously I need to practice (which I am doing this weekend), but I want a good starting point.

Thanks in advance!

I would cook between 275-325 degrees.

I would have them out of the parkay after 30-45 minutes.

I would have them on the grate for about 20-30 minutes.

I would sauce them and put them back on to finish until they are between 174-183 degrees.

Those are some ranges....practice with it and find the time and temp you like, but you will not get killed with those parameters. Do not, IMO, let your chicken get that heavily sauced before you throw it in the box...you will more than likely get smashed if the sauce is laid on that thick.

Now off you go!

Back