vending just dogs

grillfella

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
What's up folks Got a call about vending hot dogs only buns and condiments for 400 guests. They are repeat customers and are a big co. do not know if they will need plates and utensils. How much per what would you charge?:-D

grillfellascatering.com

Type of dog? how big?
I would just use napkins and hot dog boats. And I would set up a condiment stand and let folks dress there own hot dog.

I second the idea of the condiment stand. What to charge? Depends on the dog and how crazy you want to go with the condiment stand. Chili cheese dogs sound pretty good this morning for some reason! :thumb:

I'd price some quality dogs and buns first. Depending on the size of the dogs and how many men and women in the 400. Are they expecting 1 or 2 hot dogs per person, or an open line?

Gonna talk to her again Mon was at my serv safe class all day today, could not get back to her but e-mailed and left her a phone message all I know is she wants all beef will let you guys know

thanks

My thoughts are when you talk to her mon. find out if it is for
"business" type folk's they are trying to impress or for the "workers"
as a thank you for a job well done.
If the later... down and dirty... napkins ,hot dog boats,and
a serve yourself condiment bar.
If the former.. a gourmet Condiment bar . Hire a couple of assistants
to dress the dogs and charge them double.

Take the condiment stand to the next level and offer wedges of beef steak tomatoes, quality mushrooms, dill and sweet pickles, red and yellow onions, orange and green bell pepper etc etc etc. Make the condiments the star of the show as dogs can be all to simple. People love to comment on or talk about food at any event so give them something that's going to have the wow factor wile waiting to plate up.

Treat it like a fantastic salad bar thus the dog and bun will be their canvas/plate. Price up a selection of like poppy seed buns and add a little variety that way too.

Take the condiment stand to the next level and offer wedges of beef steak tomatoes, quality mushrooms, dill and sweet pickles, red and yellow onions, orange and green bell pepper etc etc etc. Make the condiments the star of the show as dogs can be all to simple. People love to comment on or talk about food at any event so give them something that's going to have the wow factor wile waiting to plate up.

Treat it like a fantastic salad bar thus the dog and bun will be their canvas/plate. Price up a selection of like poppy seed buns and add a little variety that way too.
True that I don't want to give them mediocre dogs /I want them to have a good and tasty product:icon_shy

True that I don't want to give them mediocre dogs /I want them to have a good and tasty product:icon_shy
May as well throw in some real bacon bits and summa that beautiful Black and Gold from Spicerwine.

Back