Cooking Class Q School - winter class

Rub

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Swamp Boys Q School, Winter Class is now online and applications are being accepted! Check out our web site at the link below for the details.
Come enjoy a Florida winter weekend where the average high temp is 75*, average low is 52* for February, and learn winning KCBS and FBA techniques :boxing:

http://www.swampboys.com/WinterQSchool.htm

QSchoolWinners.jpg

Q School alumni racked up in Bartow FL!

Game Changer

We continue to sing the praises of Swamp Boys Q School because of the results. In addition to going to the class...if we've ever had a question or just wanted to run an idea past Rub...his phone has always been on. Although we compiled over 35 pages of notes and had a couple of serious light bulb moments (especially in brisket, pork & ribs), this class was more than a two day listen up and write fast for us.

Never competed in KCBS until 2010 and finished 2nd overall for Ohio Team of the Year. We owe a tremendous amount of that success to Rub and his school.

Now on to Florida to see if we can finish 1st @ The FBA Triple Crown Championship. Georgia, Alabama & Florida is gonna get it this weekend. Whiskey Bent BBQ will be walking the dog and kicking the cat all weekend long.

I'm sorry Rub...but it's gonna be our weekend. However, we could use a little help pulling that New Lang and Green Egg home!
:boxing:

Oh yeah...he'll let you bring a teammate at the spouse rate if you hold hands throughout the class and write left-handed.

Lol, how can you not love this guy. Thanks for the nice words. That is a great acomplishment you have in the Ohio overall you guys know how to make a guy look good. :clap:

Looking forward to seeing you again Matt, it's been awhile. Who knows what WB is capable of when the gang is all there cooking together. Don't count on anything with the Triple Crown though. It's going to be a tough group of teams from AL, GA, and FL. Lots of $$ on the line!

Let's hope you're on the "nice" list and Santa hooks you up Rob!

santa-clause-emoticons-laugh.gif

I'm always on some kind of list, but this year I guess it's the "nice" list. Registration is in the mail.

More info

Location - it's going to be at the Clerbrook RV Resort in Clermont FL http://www.clerbrook.com which is the same place we had the FBA Fun Cook this year. I am still ironing out the details with them but should have it all finalized by Monday the 20th. The 'host' motel will be Days Inn and Suites which is just 1.4 miles away. Nothing fancy, may get it as low as $39 + tax per night. Those details also will be final by the 20th, so no one book a room just yet. If you're coming from relatively close by, feel free to bring your rv or trailer. I pay for your rv site Friday night if you want to stay on site.

It's 45 minutes from Orlando International Airport, or 1:40 to Tampa International.

We start around 1pm on Friday with meat selection, trimming, etc. I provide dinner Friday night, those who are able are invited to bring a side dish or dessert to share. Meat goes on around 9-9:30pm. Some go back to their rooms after dinner, some hang around the fire pit and BS for a while before retiring, some stay up late BSing. All up to you.

We start back up around 7:30-8:00am Saturday morning. We may have a community breakfast if some are interested. The rest of the morning we discuss the meats and what we're looking for, make final adjustments, etc. I go over how to garnish a KCBS box, as well as how to build FBA boxes. Then as the meats are done we build turn in boxes and loosely follow a one hour turn in schedule. You will get to try what we've cooked. We usually finish around 2pm, and I answer any questions until there are no more.

So far we've got a dozen cookers coming in from FL, GA, NY, NJ, SC, and NC. There is still some room but it is steadily filling up. If you want in, don't delay. Let me know and send in your deposit. It's going to be a great time :biggrin1:

This class has filled up nicely; we have 21 people coming in from 9 states (FL, GA, AL, SC, NC, TX, MO, NJ, NY). The early forecast for Friday the 25th calls for a high of 77 and a low of 56, with a 100% chance of smoke :thumb:

There's room for maybe 1 or 2 more but that's it. Last call for Q School, Winter Class!

Update:
Weather for Clermont FL this weekend: high of 83, low of 58, 100% chance of smoke :mrgreen:
I want to thank the great companies that have sent product for the goodie bags:
(in alphabetical order)
3 Eyz
Butcher's BBQ
Butt Rub
Dizzy Pig
Plowboys BBQ
Spicewine
I predict a great time will be had by all. :wink:

Swamp Boys Winter Q School 2011 was a big hit. We had 23 barbecue fans from 9 states (FL, GA, AL, SC, NC, MO, NJ, NY, TX), from beginner to advanced, come together in central FL for 2 days to discuss the finer aspects of barbecue and enjoy the great weather. Thanks to everyone for making the trip and the class a huge success!

Nice job on the class and the weather, Rub! We had a great time and learned a lot.

Glad to hear it Rob. It was great to finally meet you and your better half :)
Thank you for making the trip to FL and for the nice words.

Hopefully we can get you to one in the near future huminie!

Back