DFW gathering

Jorge

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Since there is going to be a gathering in Central Tx. Feb. 11 how about one in the DFW area. Long list of farkers that are close enough to make it.

If we did something on a Sat. North Main BBQ in Euless is open. That would probably allow Arlin and them Okie farkers the time to make the trip, and it's centrally located in the metromess. It's also AYCE ($12/plate) and BYOB (meaning coolers and cheaper beer:!: ).

Any of you farkers interested?

I'm no where near Texas, but I'd love to try Hubert Green's Brisket at North Main ... suppossed to be one of the best there is...

Bobberqeer said:
I'm no where near Texas, but I'd love to try Hubert Green's Brisket at North Main ... suppossed to be one of the best there is...

Bring me back some ribs.

I'm in. Sounds like a good gathering place.

thillin said:
I'm in depending on the Sat.

When more folks chime in we can look at schedules and find something that accomodates as many people as possible. Location doesn't have to be N. Main either. If there's more folks coming from your side of town then it makes sense to do it there.

Jorge said:
When more folks chime in we can look at schedules and find something that accomodates as many people as possible. Location doesn't have to be N. Main either. If there's more folks coming from your side of town then it makes sense to do it there.

Been eyeing a place in N. Lewisville on the West side of 35. Passed it on the way to Rudy's in Denton. They have a holestein pig smoker out front cookin' away. Little place I have to try. Any N. TX guys ever been there?

Also need to try this place in Lewisville:
http://www.alschuckwagonbbq.com/

Sure. That's Hickory Creek BBQ or something like that. We always just called it "The Pig". I use to live there in Lake Dallas. Ate there lots and lots. Favorite was the stuffed potato. It had enough bbq on it that I would spoon 1/2 of it off and make a couple of sandwiches the next day! BBQ quality? I'd be afraid to make an opinion to you guys with your superior pallets (since I'm an extreme rookie at this). I sure never complained! Definitely one of the places where I earned my Captain's license.

Jorge said:
Since there is going to be a gathering in Central Tx. Feb. 11 how about one in the DFW area. Long list of farkers that are close enough to make it.

If we did something on a Sat. North Main BBQ in Euless is open. That would probably allow Arlin and them Okie farkers the time to make the trip, and it's centrally located in the metromess. It's also AYCE ($12/plate) and BYOB (meaning coolers and cheaper beer:!: ).

Any of you farkers interested?

You know it!!

Next Saturday is my 25 Anniversary banquet for work other than that I'm always free. And yes you guys are farkers.............

brdbbq said:
Next Saturday is my 25 Anniversary banquet for work other than that I'm always free. And yes you guys are farkers.............

Spoken like a true brother.
You "BABLING Farker" !
It will be an honor to join you at the banquet.
50 years of babling between us.

FatDad said:
Spoken like a true brother.
You "BABLING Farker" !
It will be an honor to join you at the banquet.
50 years of babling between us.

Damn just noticed the Babbling Farker, need a breath

I can't find a date here?
Am I missing it?

Make it late Feb or early March to "accomodate" new GrandDads from "out of town" :wink:

TIM

The_Kapn said:
I can't find a date here?
Am I missing it?

Make it late Feb or early March to "accomodate" new GrandDads from "out of town" :wink:

TIM

Flip a Quarter when you coming down ? Regardless if you are in the Area try Hutchings on
Tennessee
here in McKinney not bad stuff.

I might be able to make it if the date is right. We are starting some work there on Monday. I probably won't get down there though until late February, so don't wait for me to set a date. My schedule always gets screwed up.

Back