Contest Results: Elks BBQ - Columbia

lazyjacres

Take a breath!
Reaction score
A great turn out of 41 teams this weekend. 9 of the top 10 are Brethren teams. A great showing this weekend for the Brethren.
Congratulations to everyone!

Chicken

1) Natural Born Grillers
2) Great Grill O Fire
3) Uncle Bubs BBQ
4) Full Strut Catering
5) The Hulligans
6) Mokan Meatheads
7) Big Adjustment
8) Worley's BBQ
9) The Muddy River Boys
10) Ricks Pit Stop

Ribs

1) Natural Born Grillers
2) Great Grills O Fire
3) Uncle bubs BBQ
4) Double Smoked
5) Trail Boss BBQ
6) Gilly Barnstorm BBQ
7) Spicewine Ironworks
8) Lit & Loaded
9) H*Que
10) Q's Your Daddy

Pork

1) Belly Brothers BBQ
2) Code Blue
3) Spicewine Ironworks
4) Q's Your Daddy
5) Trail Boss BBQ
6) The Other Brother BBQ
7) Natural Born Grillers
8) Hickory Hills BBQ
9) Double Smoked
10) The Muddy River boys

Brisket

1) Belly Brothers BBQ
2) Sedalia Master Basters
3) H*Que
4) B*T*B
5) Natural Born Grillers
6) The Muddy River Boys
7) Lit & Loaded
8) Ricks Pit Stop BBQ
9) Mokan Meat Heads
10) Slo Mo BBQ

Overall

1) Natural Born Grillers
2) Great Grills O Fire
3) Belly Brothers BBQ
4) The Muddy River Boys
5) Lit & Loaded
6) Q's Your Daddy
7) Uncle Bubs BBQ
8) Spicewine Ironworks
9) H*Que
10) Trail Boss BBQ

Last edited:
BIG congrats to Jamey & Phil (Munkees Pit ) for your GC effort. Nice to get that 1st. GC under your belt!!! Geat contest and always great people to be with. HUGE showing for the Brethren. Way to represent!!!:clap2::eusa_clap

Congrats Jamey and Phil!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the hospitality letting me build boxes in the trailer. Would have been a little sporty in the wind.

Maybe next time my brisket will have some flavor:pray:

<Looks like it was one hell of a weekend for Brethren all over the place, congrats to all

Congratulations Jamey and Phil on your big WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Way to go!!!!!!!!!

It was a great weekend. I couldn't think of a better bunch of folks to spend my Birthday with. And and getting our first GC wasn't that bad either. Congrats also go out to Solidkick, the other Birthday boy, for his 1st place Brisket

It was a great comp - we really had a lot of fun! That wind needed to go though ;)

According to score sheets we tied for 2nd place brisket - but the 3rd we took is the highest we've ever had. We were stoked with the 9th overall - we finally got chicken out of the gutter - LOL!

Had fun seeing everyone - and really enjoyed ourselves.

Lost our RV on the way home though - GRRRR....blew the motor - the mobile command unit for H*QUE is out of commission. Time to re-tool equipment ;) Thought we would be home early from comp and relax - after all the RV mess, towing, unloading etc - got done about midnight...UGH.

Thanks to Double Smoked and Que's Your Daddy for the help while we were in RV hell...LOL - couldn't have had better people stop and help us out. Thanks guys!

The wind sucked! So I've already put in an order for snow next year...:thumb:
Congrats to Natural Born Grillers on their 1st GC......see you at the Royal baby! :clap2:
Also congrats to Great Grills on the RGC.
We had some great neighbors in Worley's bbq, Zou b Que, and Spicewine Ironworks, there weren't too many dull moments. LOL and just when you thought things might get somewhat normal, here comes the MoKan Meatheads to visit! :becky:
We had a hell of a good time this weekend.

Sorry I didn't get around to visit everyone, and H Que, sorry about the RV....

This contest had a bunch of great teams and cooks there this weekend, thanks for coming and hope you'll consider this contest again next year....bring your snow gear! :doh:

No doubt - we'll be back for this one next year - great venue and well ran - there were a lot of awesome teams there - competition was stiff to be sure ;) But this one sure was fun - really enjoyed it a lot! Congrats once again to Natural Born Grillers on that GC - it was fun cheering ya on at awards.

Big Congrats to Natural Born Grillers, Jamey and Phil!

Great contest and great people. Good times had by all.

PArdon my tardinisess in gettting on here to post!

JAmey was one of the first guys in BBQ I met at Hallville Heritage days many years ago!
Has been fun cooking against each other all these years.

Back