2013 Weber Jumbo Joe

I was going to make a mini WSM, but now I am going to wait to see how this develops.

Kind of ironic that Weber is cutting into their own WSM sales by making such nice moddable kettles.

I was going to make a mini WSM, but now I am going to wait to see how this develops.

Kind of ironic that Weber is cutting into their own WSM sales by making such nice moddable kettles.

I would Further the Last Comment By adding ....Weber is cutting into ALL of their sales by not offering us here In the USA the other models available in other areas of the world, they are different in design and have addtl saftey feastures such as the handle mounted heat shields etc..I understand they would be at a higher price point possibly but in the long run they would be winners.Me personally Would buy 1 of everything and 2 of some and continue to replace as they died .. I know I am only 1 person with this sickness ..but there is a Website (www.BBQ-Brethren)that is dedicated
to others with similar sicknesses and word travels fast and I know weber would have a surge in sales. JM2 cents :becky:

it will be interesting to see one and how its really setup.
for now i'll keep my new sjp.
whats odd to me is in europe they are selling grills only with the vents on the side and now this.

as the older sjp was considered an 18.5 but the grates were differant, i'm wondering if the newer one is the same or if the grates are a true 18.5 and the same as the kettle.

I just got one of the new Jumbo's off Amazon. Still in box, but I'll be unpacking tonight and will post a video review later. For those of you that have one of the old Jumbo's, other than the vent being moved to the bottom on the new model, are there any other differences?

Thanks-

Just did a rotisserie cook on my new Jumbo last night! This is a fun little grill!! I apologize for the massive image...I can't get things to load correctly from my Flickr account.

Weber-Jumbo-Joe-Rotisserie.jpg

Last edited:
I hope target stores will carry. I will be watching for the floor model during next years fall sale.

love the way you set up the rotisserie ! plain simple. i would not have thought of doing that. i'll remember this for sure.

Nice Phind Tishy!
Ian McKend (ProQ) is a great guy and also a member here.

Below is a photo of the new jumbo joe compared with the European Compact Weber 47cm (18inch) kettle. It appears to be the same bowl and lid. If any of our international Brethren have this grill. They can probably confirm or deny that it will fit the middle section of an 18"wsm or 30 gallon drum. It all depends on the bowl and lid lips.

Side note: Target deleted the ad for the jumbo joe, Weber is on to us. :crazy:

Brethren Spiffs has an older model of the Jumbo Joe.
He didn't had a grate with it so he searched but it was very hard to get those grates because the Jumbo Joe is a rare thing over here and the grate was a tad smaller than a normal 18".

@MBshop:Here you can see the older model from Brethren Spiffs with the vents on the side...

IMG_5618.jpg

I have to have one of these! I do have the older model and I've figured out how to get a good burn on it. I do alot of indirect on mine and I've always liked the bottom vents better so I'll be picking one up for sure!

Back