Thanks to everyone on this forum

KState_Fan

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I took the plunge this weekend and entered my first competition. It was the Wildcat BBQ. I have been part of the mailing list and this forum as a lurker for some time. I was able to get a lot of good ideas for my BSKD and how to plan for a competition from this list.

I want to thank everyone that contributes. The people at competitions are as friendly as they come. Good People! It's nice to have someone to talk to at 4:00 in the morning when you are tending a smoker. I had to drive from Minnesota to Manhattan, KS to participate but it was well worth it. Now how to find time to do more of these in the future.

I was especially pleased after I took 7th in Pork. Not bad for a first timer. The hints and information on here helped.

Thanks again

Terry

Welcome to the dark side!!

I'm glad you enjoyed your first outing and congrats on a top 10 entry!

Terry, congrats on a fine first showing, and post more often!!!!

Congrats on your call in Pork. Sorry we didn't get hooked up down there. Would have loved to have a cold beer with you @ 4:00. I was making rounds about that time....

I think you will find that everyone you meet at the contests are good people.... and what I love is running into a couple more Brethren at each contest I attend. Nice to shake a hand and share a cold beverage.

Hope to meet you somewhere out on the circuit -- or at the Wildcat BBQ next year:twisted:

Congrats on your pork score--great deal!

Welcome aboard here.

TIM

Welcome, wish we could have hooked up. congrats on the call. Time for the GAB! I think you are ready!

Congrats! Now get on over to Cattle Call and introduce yourself!

Back