NorthwestBBQ

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I cooked a Deep Fried Turkey today:

6822739852_6bd98bae6e_b.jpg

6822735940_4eebff8646_b.jpg

6968859667_8ba445c03b_b.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Looks like it turned out perfect! Haven't done one in a while...you got me thinking I better fix that! I see you rubbed it up good, did you inject also? If so, what's your favorite stuff? I'm always looking for new ideas.

Looks like it turned out perfect! Haven't done one in a while...you got me thinking I better fix that! I see you rubbed it up good, did you inject also? If so, what's your favorite stuff? I'm always looking for new ideas.

Something a little different but Insane Goodness!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/emerils-fried-turkey-recipe2/index.html. (shows 5 out of 5 stars and I totally agree)

I'm not crazy about the guy but boy did he get this one right! I didn't make it, I just ate it... and ate it and ate it.

YUM YUM

Now if you can hold off sinking your teeth into that beauty or if it's already gone try the next one, cover it up and place in the oven at around 225ish for around 4 more hours, longer won't hurt, up to 8hrs.

The reason being deep frying does wonders on the surface but to tenderize all the meat down to the bone takes more time. The last time I did it that way with two birds I must have gotten an extra 2 to 3lbs of meat that almost fell off the bone! Give it a try! Nice job!!!!!! :thumb:

P.S. After so many runs in the oil if you think you need to clean it up a bit just quarter some taters, I think anything will work. Put them in the hot oil and when they start to rise just keep an eye on them and it won't be long they'll be done and take a lot of yum yum's out and pot and put them on the taters. Last time I did this my brother ate them all, but he is a big guy?

Last edited:
Nice looking bird.:thumb:

My favorite way to cook a turkey!

Is that one of them "safe" turkey fryers? Where's the fun in that? It just ain't a fried turkey unless you risk your life and some real estate fryin' it. :heh:

CD :becky:

Michael it looks soooo good! Love the color. What kind of fryer is that? I've not seen one big enough for a turkey. Thanks in advance. :thumb:

Is that one of them "safe" turkey fryers? Where's the fun in that? It just ain't a fried turkey unless you risk your life and some real estate fryin' it. :heh:

CD :becky:

Hecks yeah! Also, you have to drop one in frozen with the gas still on. :shocked:

I love fried turkey, and that one is a beauty! What was in the rub, it held up very nicely in the fryer.

I have that same fryer and a 14.5 bird in the freezer, gonna have to thaw it out.

Back