• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Simply Made...Simply Good

napp37

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
One of the reasons I recently purchased a Weber Go Anywhere (WGA) was for those times when I didn't really feel like making a production of a meal. Yesterday was one of those days.

I cut a chuck roast into 2" cubes and rubbed each cube with Montreal Steak Seasoning, black pepper, garlic salt, and sea salt. I then peeled and cut potatoes into 1/2" cubes. I added chopped onion, chopped green pepper, black pepper, sea salt, and Canola oil to the potatoes before wrapping them in a pouch of heavy duty foil.

I cooked the potatoes on the WGA over direct heat (covered) for 15 minutes...turning the pouch every 3-4 minutes. After 15 minutes, I moved the pouch to one side of the grill and added the beef chunks. The beef was cooked over direct heat for about ten minutes. Go longer if you don't like rare beef. It all turned out to be very tasty; and the beef was surprisingly tender when I sliced into the chunks. Sorry I didn't get a money shot of the sliced chunks.

P1010853.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Looks fantastic, if you want to see a couple masters work the WGA, do a search for some of Phubar and Padawan's posts. They are the King and Queen of the WGA.

looks good ! i just used mine last night doing burgers and dogs. just perfect.

Looks fantastic, if you want to see a couple masters work the WGA, do a search for some of Phubar and Padawan's posts. They are the King and Queen of the WGA.

Their posts were very influential in my decision to buy the WGA.

I was in the Army for 28 years; and always maintained that the P-38 can opener was the best tool ever issued. I'm beginning to feel like the WGA is the P-38 of grills. :mrgreen:

Looks great. How was the salt level? Montreal seasoning is usually pretty salty, and combined with sea salt.....just wondering.

Looks great. How was the salt level? Montreal seasoning is usually pretty salty, and combined with sea salt.....just wondering.

You make a point that I rarely consider. I live alone and usually just cook for myself. I have always been a salt freak. When the other kids bought candy, I bought potato chips or pretzel sticks.

If I were preparing the same thing for others, I probably would not use the sea salt.

When we process a cow, the chuck is cut in to steaks.

Like a lot of cuts, it gets tough between certain temperatures. Medium, not tough. Well- tough. 180-190 degree- getting tender again.

Chuck is very misunderstood. Glad you nailed it!

Looks great & I love the WGA as well! The wife & kids were away for a while this summer and my WGA got a daily workout. :thumb:

Back