• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Wings on the 270 Smoker

kevinb67

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Did some wings on my 270 smoker finally.
Got the temp up to 270 of course put on some memphis dust rub and let smoke for just over one hour. Used Franks Buffalo hot sauce. I thought the skin was crisp enough. Wife even liked them. Next time I just need blue cheese and beer.

Wings1.jpg

Wings2.jpg

Wings3.jpg

Nice lookin wings! We eat a lot of wings here as its the wife's favorite thing to eat from the smokers!

Definitely some good looking wings right there.

Looks awesome! I have yet to use my 270 for chicken/wings. Not sure why but it might have to do with having a vortex. But seeing yours I might have to try it out!

Looks awesome! I have yet to use my 270 for chicken/wings. Not sure why but it might have to do with having a vortex. But seeing yours I might have to try it out!
I bought a vortex and have yet to use it. I imagine the 270 and the vortex both create some type of convection plus I can get way more wings on the sumo versus the kettle.

Looks great, like you said would look even better with a cold one next to them.

Those look fantastic. Wings are definitely my favorite part of the bird. :thumb:

Thank you everyone. They were tasty.

I have the mighty mini. So I still had two more racks I could double the wings I can cook.

K

Thank you everyone. They were tasty.

I have the mighty mini. So I still had two more racks I could double the wings I can cook.

K
Thanks, can you get whole rack of ribs on a rack without cutting and will the mini handle a smaller Full Packer say in the 10b range. I've been interested in seeing what the mini can hold there just isn't a whole lot of pictures or video on the MM.

Those look fantastic! Well done Sir!

oh, man. Now I am starving. Those look great. I assume they were thawed when you put them in the smoker?

KevinJ Here is a pic of an 11 lb packer that I did. I cut a rib rack to hold the brisket. The width of my Mini is 16 inches so it was just a bit to long. So far the most I have had to do to ribs is trim that one bone that is kinda small and no meat and they all fit.

BrisketNov3.jpg

My wings were not frozen when I cooked them.

K

Back