Pulled the trigger and bought a food shack

I could of swore I put an idea in this thread somewhere, I'll have to look for it!

Here you go. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2579359&postcount=296

"Clint I think I came up with a menu item! Call it the Amazing Aawa. Chopped brisket sammich topped with onions, fried mac and cheese, and a dab of chili sauce."

Not sure how cost effective it would be. Also something when developing a menu item, you have to look at the labor involved. The fried mac and cheese might throw this off a bit. If there was a way to do the M&C ahead and pop in the fryer, it might work.

Clint, I hope things have gotten back on track for you. You will have to update after the snow starts to fly. Good luck!

Here you go. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2579359&postcount=296

"Clint I think I came up with a menu item! Call it the Amazing Aawa. Chopped brisket sammich topped with onions, fried mac and cheese, and a dab of chili sauce."

Not sure how cost effective it would be. Also something when developing a menu item, you have to look at the labor involved. The fried mac and cheese might throw this off a bit. If there was a way to do the M&C ahead and pop in the fryer, it might work.

Clint, I hope things have gotten back on track for you. You will have to update after the snow starts to fly. Good luck!

Thanks for finding it, I either missed it or forgot :tsk:

We should have had snow 3 weeks ago we getting some crazy weather... it rained last night and it dang near 50F last time we had weather like this was 1938 or so says the weather guys.... I know that I have always had snow on my Bday(Oct 19th) till this year, so it kinda weird.

Clint

Thanks Pyles!

There is the menu item! You have all the components, just have to do the fried mac and cheese. Or you can just not fry it and pile it on!

Nothing like re using already existing menu items to create another. Make sure you charge an arm and a leg for it to make it special!

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
Those banners looks like they'd draw the eye towards your place. I think they'll work great. Has business been alright for you?
Rock on man.

• Thanks
Those banners looks like they'd draw the eye towards your place. I think they'll work great. Has business been alright for you?
Rock on man.

been really solid till a few weeks ago, took a pretty big hit with me not there as much. But got people helping and new routine down to take some of the load back off me. So I can start working the shack almost every night again. So should recover just fine got a great rep and now doing smoked turkey and Ham
s on alternating Saturdays(thru the Holidays).... this last sat was the first go and the turkey was a big hit. So that will help as well :razz:

Ahhh nice. The ham and turkey sounds like great idea. I wonder if it'll be a big enough hit that folks will continue to want it after the holidays. Best wishes on the struggle man, my prayers are with you. Good to hear things are getting back to as normal of a routine as possible.

• Thanks
Ahhh nice. The ham and turkey sounds like great idea. I wonder if it'll be a big enough hit that folks will continue to want it after the holidays. Best wishes on the struggle man, my prayers are with you. Good to hear things are getting back to as normal of a routine as possible.

Could not have said it better myself!!:thumb:

I want to say I'm a new member and read every post in this thread.
I'm sorry for your loss, I don't think I could handle it as well at all.
Although the idea of smokin' some 'Q might be restorative.
Thank you for your honest and forthright thread.
Good luck if it ever warms up this Spring.
Mark

• Thanks
I want to say I'm a new member and read every post in this thread.
I'm sorry for your loss, I don't think I could handle it as well at all.
Although the idea of smokin' some 'Q might be restorative.
Thank you for your honest and forthright thread.
Good luck if it ever warms up this Spring.
Mark

Thanks! It was, and how the BBQ community came together in my time of need still brings tears to my eye. Made me realize how small it is and how paying it forward reaps benefits in ways you can't imagine. If I can every be of help on your BBQ journey don't hesitate to let me know! I'm here to spread the BBQ love :-D

I can't wait for the weather to break, I can tell you that! I'm currently on vacation hit a Harry Soo class with John Setzler now in NM visiting the folks.

3wze.jpg

How was your Summer?
Haven't gotten any updates, and sorry for the Necro Post!
I bet you were so busy you haven't had time!

So sorry to hear of your loss. I'm on the other end of the journey with a 5yr marriage & a 17mth old. I can't imagine or put into words the loss of your love. Sending prayers & love from NC for peace of heart & soul.

• Thanks
Yep, after looking over the last year of everything I missed in my kids life, I decide I had a choice follow my dream of a BBQ shack and miss out on my kids life or put the dream on the shelf for a few more years and get my kids out of school first. When I had Jen in my life I could do both. I still do catering and Vending just not a day to day brick and mortar. In a Few more years I will open back up when I don't have to sacrifice spending time with my kids.

Clint

Clint

Back