Michigan State / Michigan Tailgate

CROSSCZEK

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well, I've sobered up and calmed down.
The tailgate was a huge success. Got in and fired the Monster up about 6:45 a.m. Put the ABT's and fatties on about 8:30. Put 25 racks of spares and 5 turkeys on about 9:30. Cooked at 270* until 2:00 and WOW'd 'em at 2:30. ...even I was impressed.

Bloody Mary's and getting warmed up.
IMG_0808.jpg

The ABT's (thanks Chris) and fatties
IMG_0816.jpg

The Crowd
IMG_0838.jpg

The Ribs
IMG_0841.jpg

The Turkeys
IMG_0853.jpg

Feeding the Animals (Wolverines) Over The Fence
IMG_0855.jpg

The Assistant Fire Chief of Ann Arbor FD crashed the party and loved the ribs
IMG_0850.jpg

...as did some lost Bucks
IMG_0849.jpg

Assistant Fire Chief, Chris (Brother dodgeramsst2003), me and the Monster
IMG_0845.jpg

All in all it was a huge success. I even think we got a block party gig out of it next year.

The only thing left when the smoke cleared was one turkey.

Great job, See some green and white, maze and blue, and it looks like someone threw up on that one guys coat. Bbq transcends all.:p

Brilliant - That must have been some crowd you were feeding. That, or a small group of really hungry friends

Wow, nice setup you had going there!! Congrats on the win! also who showed up with the thirty pack of PBR?

oh brother, that was a fine job! :cool:
Love seeing the Monster at work! Still can't get over those hinges! :biggrin:

All in all everything turned out great! Thanks for the invite Scott, and the opportunity to cook on the monster. Food was excellent and the people were awesome.

Chris

Very nice Scott!
Looks like you guys did a great job! :biggrin:

Lookin forward to seeing the monster in person!

Get this guy a step ladder.......

IMG_0841.jpg

Hey, that's me! (nice hat, eh?)
It is kind of cumbersome right now - definitely a two person operation. One guy stands on the fenders and opens the doors and pulls out the shelves, the other can stand on the ground and mop/flip/whatever.
It'll be much easier next year when it's mounted on the new, wider, longer trailer.

Now that's what I call a tailgate party. Oh did I mention that the grub looks great. :mrgreen:

Back