comp chicken thighs

jmyerly

Reaction score
was wondering can u debone chicken thighs at comps and if so has any teams had any success at turn ins.

We de-bone 12 and bone in 12 and whichever is best we use. It's usually the de-boned.

Is there a primer on how to most efficiently debone thighs? Please PM so I don't hijack this thread. Thanks. B

I was working on chicken hard in the middle of last season since my scores were suffering. Tried a new boneless recipe and it hit the first comp I tried it at. Got 2nd, but then scores dropped off again. I think because taking the bone out make the tenderness harder to replicate/nail each time. Still working on a more repeatable recipe. Also easier to get 9 in a box, which I think the judges really like.

IMG1244.jpg

I was working on chicken hard in the middle of last season since my scores were suffering. Tried a new boneless recipe and it hit the first comp I tried it at. Got 2nd, but then scores dropped off again. I think because taking the bone out make the tenderness harder to replicate/nail each time. Still working on a more repeatable recipe. Also easier to get 9 in a box, which I think the judges really like.

They sure are pretty!!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Well, I can see from this at I will never be a competition Q'er, I simply do not have the patience for all of that. But I have to admit the results look great!

Some do bone in, some do bone out. I have even seen teams cut the knuckle off and leave the rest of the bone in. I've always been afraid to try this for fear of a bone fragment.

I tried this method the other day and completely farked up a package of thighs. I'm stickin with Muffin Pans from now on.

IMG1244.jpg

That's the best looking chicken I've ever seen

Back