Fryer

parrothead said:
Here's one a friend told me about. Take a hotdog and split it down the middle without seperating the 2 halves. Stuff the now split hotdog with jalapeno slices and cheddar. Wrap in bacon (may take 2 pieces), and deep fry. I think it was called a texas twister, but we could call them dog turds (hot dog thing).

I will double check with him this weekend and see if that is how they were done.

Always used a pepper jack and done them in the oven or on the grill but similar. One more thing to add to the frier this weekend. I'm turning the computer off now, before the neighbors think I'm running a restaurant!

I like fried pickles but don't have a clue on how to make them or what dipping sauce to use ?

Bill, here is my mom's "good for anything" batter recipe. I'm pretty sure she got it from an Argo corn starch box.

3/4 cup corn starch
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup water
1 slightly beaten egg

Stir it all up and fry away. Real good on pepper rings, mushrooms, chicken nuggets, fish etc. I usually spice it up a bit over what the recipe calls for, figure you were on that already. I have also added a 1/4 cup of corn meal and enough water to get proper consistency back and made corn dogs.

kcquer said:
I have also added a 1/4 cup of corn meal and enough water to get proper consistency back and made corn dogs.

Speaking of corn dogs anyone know what puppy peter's are ?

kcquer said:
Bill, here is my mom's "good for anything" batter recipe. I'm pretty sure she got it from an Argo corn starch box.

3/4 cup corn starch
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup water
1 slightly beaten egg

Stir it all up and fry away. Real good on pepper rings, mushrooms, chicken nuggets, fish etc. I usually spice it up a bit over what the recipe calls for, figure you were on that already. I have also added a 1/4 cup of corn meal and enough water to get proper consistency back and made corn dogs.

looks good. I'm gonna replace black pepper with Southern Flavor Charbroil.

parrothead said:
I like fried pickles but don't have a clue on how to make them or what dipping sauce to use ?
To quote Dave Little, Dig a hole in the yard and bury them.

Right next to the buried rice ? You eat fried side but not fried pickles ? That's farked up.

brdbbq said:
kcquer said:
I have also added a 1/4 cup of corn meal and enough water to get proper consistency back and made corn dogs.

They are $75 to $20,000 each depending on the breed of dog and blood lines! :D

BigAl said:
brdbbq said:
kcquer said:

OUCH!! Score one for BIG AL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solidkick said:
BigAl said:
brdbbq said:
kcquer said:

OUCH!! Score one for BIG AL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Puppy Peters are Vienna Sausage, never seen them for $75/can.

willkat98 said:
Thanks, these are some great things to try.

I saw those chocolate bars, slightly frozen, dipped in pancake batter, then fried, on FoodTV recently

being a dessert junkie those things are darn tasty---in fact going to Miss over Easter for a get together, one thing I 'm bringing back is another outdoor cooker
see

Good pick up, I didn't catch that! I don't own an outdoor fryer. No concrete space for one, and I don't think I want to use one on my deck, for sure. Maybe Greg will come pour some concrete for me......

Mountain Oysters are great fried. Doesn't get any better than that. With Guinness, Franks Hot Sauce and cole slaw of course.

Looks like the cut out end of a propane tank that somebody was fixin to toss aside. Looks like they made good use of it.

Back