• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

PitCooker T - The Truth about the PBC SERIOUS Review Part One

I just tossed a Maomart brisket on that was done up like the one in the video, just paid out in the UDS no BDSM gear yet to hang it with,those hooks have a shape that is not avail just anywhere, mught just order a set from PBC.

But we will see how the whole adulteration process from the rubber puller to the dirty dalmatian works out.

I was glad Saturday to find a place about an hours away that has coarse "butcher pepper" for a mere $6 an lb.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/e-and-s-sales-shipshewana

Also finally found a farking ice pick to probe with, that has been a scavenger hunt for sure :).

The only thing unique about the hooks is they are bent 90 degrees from the hook to the hang.This is a good idea because it keeps you from hooking anything as you pull the meat out. No big deal. I will be getting my hook stock from lowes or HD where they have mild steel rods there.

I had to make more than the 8 that came with it because it is my suspicion I can do 14 racks of ribs in my UDS when I mod it to hang three segments of rebar; one in center tow each side. I would assume the center post could hang 6 with the other two on each side could hold 4 each.

I think PBC sells hooks though for 8.95 a set shipped. Might be worth it just to buy it.

The only thing unique about the hooks is they are bent 90 degrees from the hook to the hang.This is a good idea because it keeps you from hooking anything as you pull the meat out. No big deal. I will be getting my hook stock from lowes or HD where they have mild steel rods there.

I had to make more than the 8 that came with it because it is my suspicion I can do 14 racks of ribs in my UDS when I mod it to hang three segments of rebar; one in center tow each side. I would assume the center post could hang 6 with the other two on each side could hold 4 each.

I think PBC sells hooks though for 8.95 a set shipped. Might be worth it just to buy it.
They seem to have a longer hook on the meat end than say the ones cabelas has, but if plain old steel is good to go then I will snag some when I get the rebar . I thought looking the pbc hooks were closer to a 20 dollar bill ?

u know..... this is weird. i can't find ANY parts page anymore.

I made hooks from a cheap two dollar set of stainless skewers...the flat kind instead of the round rod. I cut them to length and put a point on the hook with my bench grinder. Then I bent them using a tubing bender. Last, put them into the vise and used pliers to twist the eyes of the skewers at 90 degrees to the hook. Make sure the hook is long enough to go down past a couple rib bones.

My smoker has hooks built into the top, but people hanging on rebar would want to open up the eyes of the skewers to make the top end hooks too.

Lite it

Last edited:
I made hooks from a cheap two dollar set of stainless skewers...the flat kind instead of the round rod. I cut them to length and put a point on the hook with my bench grinder. Then I bent them using a tubing bender. Last, put them into the vise and used pliers to twist the eyes of the skewers at 90 degrees to the hook. Make sure the hook is long enough to go down past a couple rib bones.

My smoker has hooks built into the top, but people hanging on rebar would want to open up the eyes of the skewers to make the top end hooks too.

happening now...

20170628_142456.jpg

on meat mama
19023352_10213542782312821_7027830853690914550_o.jpg

id put another row of pipes behind that but i am afraid its too close to the heat

When I clicked on this thread, I got a banner add at the top of the page about some alzheimers treatment center. It seems like I should know why something like that would pop up, but Im not remembering at the moment.

When I clicked on thi
s thread, I got a banner add at the top of the page about some alzheimers treatment center. It seems like I should know why something like that would pop up, but Im not remembering at the moment.

Did you see the Chris review of my review? that was hilarious. I still chuckle at that. I miss Chris.

Donnie,

Where you were and where you are with this smoker should be inspiring for the ones that are mechanically inclined and can weld some! Well done. Mac

Donnie,

Where you were and where you are with this smoker should be inspiring for the ones that are mechanically inclined and can weld some! Well done. Mac

it was too much trouble really... but it was a personal breakthrough

Back