Why?

Jim,

Lack of responsiveness on the organizer to a contestant is probably a good indicator/warning sign on how the contest will be run and the contestant will be treated. .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What they said. If they fail to promote well, time to move on. My work does not allow me to attend many , so I dont waste my time on nonsence.

Rick

I think any body ORGANIZING ANYTHING in this day and age, needs to know at least how to work e-mail. No excuse for that !!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

If I sent an e-mail to an organizer, i want a response. I really don't give a sh!t if it's a very generic, cut-n-pasted to everybody.

e-mail that states:

-they've recieved my e-mial,
- will have more information coming in the future, or reply with a PDF info.
- and to keep my e-mail address in their contacts to send me new info as it becomes available.

I reckon I could let a phone call not being returned slipped, because there's lots of dummies out there that waste time, and I don't blame them to not return my call if they don't know me. But if i call a second time, better return it !

i guess the only thing we got going for us as cooks or judges, if the organizer is not responsive, call the rep.

I think any body ORGANIZING ANYTHING in this day and age, needs to know at least how to work e-mail. No excuse for that !!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

If I sent an e-mail to an organizer, i want a response. I really don't give a sh!t if it's a very generic, cut-n-pasted to everybody.

Exactly!!!!

Absolutely agree with everyone! With a busy family schedule, and tying to accomodate a few contests, timing is everything. I have one contest within an hour from me, we want to make it Wyatts first contest. However if this cat doesn't get back to me real soon, I'll have to cook at Council Bluffs that weekend, 4 hrs away!!

Move to Virginia, I have gotten great response from contest organizers that I have contacted in Va, WV, MD and NC. Sorry you are having trouble.

The one you were refering to in Cincy last year was a very bad thought out idea. #1 it was in the worst neighborhood one that most people dont want to go to in the daylight much less sit and cook all night in. It is a couple block area surrounded by the worst of the worst, the ones that will shoot you for 5 dollars and they are as young as 12 pulling the trigger. I talked with the one lady when we were at the market about it and told her that I myself would never cook down there that I would never drive through that area at night. They are trying to get people to come to that area becuase of Findley market but it has gotten so bad noone wants to.

Move to Virginia, I have gotten great response from contest organizers that I have contacted in Va, WV, MD and NC. Sorry you are having trouble.

Not that I would have a problem livng in VA but I think I could come up with a better reason than that.

And since I never said where these contests were, how do you know it wasn't in one of the states you mentioned? My parole officer says I am allowed to cross state lines. :wink:

well, of course you can now cross state lines, they do have the National Registry now...:twisted:

>Not that I would have a problem livng in VA but I think I could come up with a better reason than that.

And since I never said where these contests were, how do you know it wasn't in one of the states you mentioned? My parole officer says I am allowed to cross state lines.<

I have corresponded with every KCBS Competiton in the listed states on several occations and all have treated me great and responded quickly. Again sorry you are having problems, so where is it you are having competition organizer issues?

I have corresponded with every KCBS Competiton in the listed states on several occations and all have treated me great and responded quickly.

I'm glad that's working out for you.

so where is it you are having competition organizer issues?

That was not the intended point of my initial post but since you brought it up, two of them have been states that you mentioned. Don't ask which states or which comps as it really doesn't matter at this point. Neither of them are in existence now and it's not a surprise as to why they didn't last.

That, my friend, was the whole point of my post. It was not intended to define regional differences in how organizers around the country respond to queries about their events. Nor was it intended to promote or degrade specific events, states or regions.

It's just one of those things that I have encountered in my 7 years of competing that makes me wonder why someone would go to all the effort to put an event together then not respond to the people that the event is dependent on to make it a success.

Things that make you go :confused:

It's not much different than running a business... get an online presence, and take care of it. Be aware that there's a huge contingent that can help you there. Get with local bloggers, etc., even, and work with them to get word out.

Speaking of which... I have a need for 3-4 judges in the area, Jim... can you hook me up?

I probably can Curt. Just let me know what you need and all the details of the event.

>That was not the intended point of my initial post but since you brought it up, two of them have been states that you mentioned. Don't ask which states or which comps as it really doesn't matter at this point. Neither of them are in existence now and it's not a surprise as to why they didn't last. <

It was not my intent either, I simply thought maybe I could put you in contact with people I have had good luck with if it were at events I have contacts at. I guess if I ever have a problem with them getting back to me I know what to do. :wink:

You might want to put Jim in touch with Jim because Jim is one of the best organizers in the country. Of course the problem is all the organizers in Ohio are named Jim aren't they Jim?

I assume that since you've contacted all the organizers in the country that you already know Jim don't you?:-D

I don't have any Jim contacts in the states I listed, but if I ever come to Ohio I'll be sure to look Jim up.

Sounds like a plan, Bud. Just make sure that when you look up Jim that you tell them that Jim sent you!:-D

Back