• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

blues hog

big blue bbq

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Now that Plowboy is not selling blues hog anymore, are there any other brothers that are sellling this. I just checked hawgeyes and it was $26.00:shock: . Todd, you were the bomb on this one!!!:-D I like the sauce but would like to help a brother than someone I don't know.

I've got three cases of Tenn Red gallons if you want. I also know of a cheap place here in KC that has gallons. My own little secret.

I really feel bad that I pulled out from under you guys. I was getting about an order a day... so the need was there.

Hawgeye's is a good group. You'll never hear a bad word about them from me. Check them out.

Last edited:
What Todd your not selling Blues Hogg anymore. Really??

WTF That's a sad day.

Blues Hog

I just bought 2 gallons from hawgeyes and had no problems. Shipping was $12.00 but I really needed the sauce. That's where I will be buying it from until I head to Herman, Mo. for the BBQ and brats in September. Then I will stock up while I am there.

what's so special about blues hog?

Its blue

And it comes from a hog, silly.

(Its a really good cumin raspberry chit (per Phil) heavy on the molassis or some other thick sweetner)

Todd, your supply problems are not exclusive to you. Hawgeyes is consistently "Out of Stock" on Blues Hog just like you were.

Is Blues Hog the one where the guy refuses to make more that a couple hundred gallons at a time, to ensure his recipe remains true (over his sons objections, I think)

That could have been "Show Me" sauce out of Columbia.

Hey Todd, you distribute Show Me and you'll have another list of customers here.

There would be a run on meatloaf makings if you ever do carry it!

I personally liked the Tenn Red much better than the original Blues Hog. Made a perfect pulled pork sauce. But that may be a regional thing as most around here like a thin finishing sauce with a little kick to it.

They had a big display of the stuff at the local grocery. I almost bought some based on hearing about it here. Now I'll have to!!

Ir really is a distinctive sauce. May be the anchovies in it. Hawgeye's has pretty much stepped up and solved the availability problem. I'm still working with the owner to stock it in our store. Now he says he is having a distributor get ahold of me. I am wondering if it is hawgeye's.

Ir really is a distinctive sauce. May be the anchovies in it. Hawgeye's has pretty much stepped up and solved the availability problem. I'm still working with the owner to stock it in our store. Now he says he is having a distributor get ahold of me. I am wondering if it is hawgeye's.

It won't likely be Hawgeye's. They may deal with some of the Central Iowa stores, but that's about it. The distribution is being done by a few independent distributors, but there is a very large distributor stepping in to take over a few hundred grocery stores. They are working on national distribution as well.

Its blue

And it comes from a hog, silly.

(Its a really good cumin raspberry chit (per Phil) heavy on the molassis or some other thick sweetner)

Todd, your supply problems are not exclusive to you. Hawgeyes is consistently "Out of Stock" on Blues Hog just like you were.

Is Blues Hog the one where the guy refuses to make more that a couple hundred gallons at a time, to ensure his recipe remains true (over his sons objections, I think)

That could have been "Show Me" sauce out of Columbia.

Hey Todd, you distribute Show Me and you'll have another list of customers here.

There would be a run on meatloaf makings if you ever do carry it!

Distribution was never a problem for me. Its made here in KC now so I could get product whenever I needed it.

Per the small batches and such... you aren't thinking of Blues Hog. Bill has no son's and he doesn't make the sauce himself anymore.

I'm trying to stick with my own products for right now. The online retailing was a good gig, but its now become a fine line between getting my own product into stores and online retailers and competing with them for customers. Right now, I'm laying low and trying to focus on my own rub which is starting to take off. Want to invest time into a couple other products that I've been working on.

It won't likely be Hawgeye's. They may deal with some of the Central Iowa stores, but that's about it. The distribution is being done by a few independent distributors, but there is a very large distributor stepping in to take over a few hundred grocery stores. They are working on national distribution as well.

Good! That may help bring the price down as well.

anyone been to Hawgeye's storefront? i might just stop by there this coming weekend on way to des moines for the bbqlosa just wondering if they got alot to check out there.

I have ordered Blues Hog Original from Hawgeyes and have had no problems. One of the problems with being a west coast BBQ guy is that we do not have easy access to some of the great sauces etc. from the midwest and the south. I can get some things on line, but ist would be great to be able to just go to the store and pick it up rather than stocking up with an online order. Luckily, there are Brethren who have helped out and been willing to help locate and send some of the stuff out here. Also, that is why the monthly (or so) trades are so great. I've received some great stuff from Brethren!

anyone been to Hawgeye's storefront? i might just stop by there this coming weekend on way to des moines for the bbqlosa just wondering if they got alot to check out there.

I've heard from BBQ Mayor that it is well stocked and worth the visit. I hope I can get there on Friday for a bit. Hawgeye's will have a "store" onsite at the BBQlossal as well. They give away a new smoker to the GC.

just got answer back from them on email. looks like i will go by there saturday there storefront and check things out on the way to BBQlossa. ( also need to stop by sams see if they got any 10x20's yet /sigh and stopping by a restaurant supply house out there in des moines)

I met Bill at Sevierville and what a nice guy he is. My team helped him tear his site down and we loaded up on sauce, and made a friend all at the same time.

Back