My fiancee gets it!

markrvp

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So Thursday night my fiancee was at my house and at 9:30 at night I dragged her to Kroger to get a brisket because they were on sale for $1.69/lb. She giggled at me shaking all the briskets and looking at each and every one. I explained how they needed to bend and I was looking for fat marbling in the striations of the muscle.

So last night I came to her house and she says, "I have a surprise for you." Then she pulls another brisket out of her fridge. She had stopped at the Kroger near her house on the way home from work. She said, "look it bends and see all the nice fat in the muscle fibers?!"

My work is done, I have converted her to a BBQ fan :becky:

...wait until theres a ring on it and you start spending long moon lit nights with the smoker. Before you know she'll inject your brisket with some kinda poison or accidently hit your smoker with her car.

Tread lightly.

So Thursday night my fiancee was at my house and at 9:30 at night I dragged her to Kroger to get a brisket because they were on sale for $1.69/lb. She giggled at me shaking all the briskets and looking at each and every one. I explained how they needed to bend and I was looking for fat marbling in the striations of the muscle.

So last night I came to her house and she says, "I have a surprise for you." Then she pulls another brisket out of her fridge. She had stopped at the Kroger near her house on the way home from work. She said, "look it bends and see all the nice fat in the muscle fibers?!"

My work is done, I have converted her to a BBQ fan :becky:

You have yourself a keeper right there!!!

Cute story I reckon you both like to play with your meat:tongue:....I know I know I go back under the wood pile:sad:

You got a good girl there. Mine helps me in the comps we do....she has the patience to make the garnish for turn in boxes....as long as we have plenty of beer.

That's called team work!!! Great story.

Wish we could get $1.69/pound brisket up here. The one we just pulled out of the freezer ran $5.99/ pound, but my FIL is worth it.

But did she smoke it for you?

I discovered Granburry in January 2013 I have a dear friend and attended a 90th. birthday party for her. Huge surprise. Very nice little town you have there, and the HEB is to die for. Wish we had them in FL.

Might want to consider a Sams Club membership. I get pretty good deals on them there.

I'm jealous of the $1.69/lb deal!

Brisket is always over $3.50/lb here in Tulsa and it has a VERY thick fat cap on it as well. Because of this, I have yet to smoke a brisket -- I've done pork butt, chicken & baby back ribs. Well I did smoke a small corned beef with pastrami spices and pecan.

I got a tear in my eye reading that story. I was at Kroger yesterday (with the same sale in mind) and as I stopped the cart in front of the briskets my wife just started staring at me. Then she finally asked me... "don't you already have a few of those in the freezer?" My youngest son came to my defense with "$1.69 Mom!" SHe just shook her head as I loaded the cart. How can you argue with your son's logic?

Back