BBQ Pork Casserole

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I kinda think this is the ultimate left over bbq pork dish and it is really easy to do. Just make you some cornbread batter and add onion, cream corn, and cheese to it and pour it on top of some pulled pork with lots of sauce and the bread will cook from bottom up and the flavor will amaze you. Thanks John.

IMG_4153.jpg

IMG_4155.jpg

IMG_4156.jpg

IMG_4159.jpg

IMG_4163.jpg

Aww man, I wasn't gonna start up the COS this weekend. How can I not cook the butt in the freezer now. Thanks a lot!

That's some good looking leftovers.

A few more, specific details would be fantastic.

That is a great idea. Looks awesome!!

Made my mouth water. Never would have thought of doing that. If you could put on the measurements for ingredients I would appreciate it.

man that looks good. i ruined a gallon bag of left over Pulled pork over the weekend. tried quick thaw in the sink. evidenlty bag had a small hole in it. went back to check on pork after a while and it was completely full of water. i just cussed and threw it in the trash.. now ive gotta cook some more just to make this.

That's some good looking leftovers.

A few more, specific details would be fantastic.

It's a knock off on Woodoogies "Chile Cornbread Pie" from 2004. http://daltongrillandsmoke.com/ViewRecipe.asp?ReceipeID=608
Knowing ahead of time we were going raid the freezer for supper I started trying to think of something to make this pork mo beta. Happen to remember this recipe and just converted it to bbq pork instead of the chili. I used about 1/2 to 3/4 bbq sauce to reheat the pork in and thought anymore would be too much sauce so I added a cup of broth and the consistency was perfect. I'm sure anyone would like either version.

Yes it is similar to chili pie in our chili pie my wife put hominey in it.

man, that looks good!

hey, is that the same woodoogies i know from the bge forum??

Back