The Best Wings Ever!

sandy1975

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Better than fried, I made these on my Big Green Egg today using the plate setter and a 2 rack layer at 450 temp. First pic is un-sauced and second is sauced with my homemade wing sauce. All drums my favorite!

Attachments

• Big Green Egg Wings 4-6-13 (1).jpg
    Big Green Egg Wings 4-6-13 (1).jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 520
  • The best wings ever 4-6-13.jpg
    The best wings ever 4-6-13.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 515
I've tried my hand at wings and did not love them. These look great! May re try them. So you just ran lump coal and indirect cooked them?

correct, lump royal oak, light salt, no seasoning prior to cook because they burn, and rotate wings every 15 or 20 min. Cook till desired crispyness indirect. Then toss in sauce. Super easy.

You have just inspired me to go tomorrow and pick up as many packs of wings as I can get my hands on thank you! And your wings looks amazing any chance of getting the wing sauce recipe?

Nice job Sandy.

Just did my first batch on my OTG.

I'll bet the ceramic cooker (BGE) is awesome.

Dave

My sauce starts with red hot, olive oil, garlic, worcester, and xantham to thicken. Its similar to buffalo wild wings spicy garlic.

Good Job! I love making wings out on the grill. Wing sauces is a whole obsession in itself for me :rolleyes:

Sounds like a good sauce ill have to play around with those ingredients when I have some time see hat I can come up with

Great lookin wings! Had some applewood smoked wings today already, but if you want to send a couple pounds this way...........:clap2:

Looks great, Sandy!

Nice to see that folks who really enjoy grilled / smoked wings aren't quite such a rarity after all.

Wings look great.

I love drums the best, too.

I hit 'em with rub and grill indirect until they are crispy.

Various sauces at the table for everyone to enjoy.

I an gonna cook wings today. Planning to soak in Jerk for 3-4 hours, smoke at 250 for 2 hour, finish in oven at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Never done before. What do y'all think?

Wings look great!! Pretty much the kettle is the only thing I use these days to cook wings.

Back