Rope Gasket Replacement?

Mrfish

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
My Rebel Smoker is leaking a bit by the firebox and charcoal shut and want to replace the gasket. I found some rope gasket at Menards, but it feels softer and not sure what the diameter should be.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Ron

Attachments

• IMG_0399.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0401.jpg
    IMG_0401.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 76
Looks like P-gasket or also called tadpole gasket. Do you see screws holding a plate on?

Honestly that gasket looks pretty good still. Did you try tightening the latches?

on my Stump's it had gaskets like that and all you do is massage them out after each use and they will work great for many years . if you need that kind Stump's Smoker sell it by the foot .

Honestly that gasket looks pretty good still. Did you try tightening the latches?

That one leaks a bit but massaging it may bounce it back and will try it. The top of the chute leaks pretty bad and is crusty from the moisture baking into it. Tightening the lid has not helped, but a temp cardboard gasket got me through the cook.

I was able to dig up Jeff's number that built the smoker and he hooked me up with instructions and where to get the gasket. It is a tadpole 5/8" x 1.5"

http://www.mcmaster.com/#tadpole-gaskets/=108hv64

Back