Tacos de Carne Asada

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
We had a couple ole pieces of ribeyes and some brisket leftover and decided to have tacos de carne asada. The brisket is already diced up in the plate and the steak is on the cutting board. I can’t tell you how many times we’ve had these same four pans with the exact same stuff in them on the stove but it’s bound to be quite a few. The thought did come to mind last night while getting this on the table about why we never do this on the weekend and really take our time and get all the many wonderful condiments included in the meal and we realized it’s because it’s always done from leftover meat which should make for a quick meal. In our case it’s never a quick meal though because I just can’t have a great taco and not at least have some rice and beans to go with it. I would however like to do this some weekend and add a nice salad with quacomole, put some maters, peas, carrots in the rice, make some good homemade sauce for our tacos, and make the tortillas from a sack of masa. The boss just added a few tbs of oil and browned the meat and use a few squeezes of lime to deglaze the pan. It’s a great meal and the brisket did still have a tad bit of the smoked brisket taste left to it but not enough to change the true Mexican flavor of asada. I know most like to finish there meat for tacos, burritos, and fajitas on the grill med rare and such and it’s sure nuff good that way but it ain’t got the true Mexican flavor unless it’s chopped and grilled till it’s as done as you see here. I’ve had many Mexican meals at some of the best local places here and not one of em ever consisted of meat that was not totally done and yet it’s always tender and very tasty.

IMG_4523.jpg

IMG_4525.jpg

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4528.jpg

Good looking grub there dude. Tacos de Asada are great, but I also recommend tripas, cabeza, lengua, buchi, and al pastor. Great stuff.

Nice looking tacos mang!! Love the radishes with em too.

That definitely looks fit to eat.

Last time i had a PBR was when i was in Georgia.

They still make that PBR stuff? Man that takes me way back in the day.

The tacos look excellent!

I want the food and my wife wants the plates so lets make a deal. :D

Great looking stuff!!! Looks like it's going to Mexican night tonight in Ohio!!

One good PBR deserves another

BraumaBurgers052608009Medium.jpg

And another :lol:

BraumaBurgers052608006Medium.jpg

Great looking taco grub, Greendriver.

I'm in taco heaven..............and PBR to boot!!! That's a great way to deal with left over beef cuts. If you can score some greasy, fatty, Mexican brand chorizo, toss it in with the beef. Kick arse tacos!! Thanks for sharing. Radishes..............I'm a radish freak!

Great looking tacos! I eat most of my meals out of tortillas!

Back