You're All Invited to Texas Fall Brethren Bash 11-11-2017

Hotch

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
mod.gif
30 DAYS till the Texas Fall Brethren Bash
mod.gif

Yep, you're all invited to Texas Fall Brethren Bash 11-11-2017.
This year we are back at:

Overlook Pavilion at Lake Belton
3110 FM 2271
Belton, TX 76513

November 11, 2017

It is near Temple TX. Nice location, great facilities and easy in and out for most of us. There is a large Pavilion with quite a few picnic tables. On site restrooms and running water at the hose bib. You can bring your camp chairs and coolers if you like.

If you want to bring a cooker that's great. If not, we should have space somewhere if you want to bring something to cook.
And if you just want to hang out, possibly have a few adult beverages and partake in some great food and Q, well that's OK too.

Looks like I will bring along my new Shirley 24x42 this year!!

So just click on the sign up sheet in my Signature Line and let us know who's coming please. It's that simple!

We will be there pretty much all day. Any questions just let us know.
Paul, pjteaxas1 is a local and can answer pretty much any question about the area. There is a local camp ground just across the Dam.

So go ahead sign up and we will see you there !!
icon_mrgreen.gif

The Missus and I can't make this one this year, but have every intention of getting to an out of state bash in the not too distant future.

For any of you who are on the fence about this one and who live nearby, all I can say is just do it! You will not regret it. You will get to eat incredible food, and connect with fellow Brethren, who are an absolute joy to hang out with and get to know!

I think I'll ask Bruce to prep some beef ribs.
I have had the ones he's cooked on his Egg and they are amazing!!
We can put them on Shirley. :mrgreen:

Can't make it this time, but I will make it to one of these for sure. Haven't looked in a while, but I believe SW flights from LAX to Dallas are pretty cheap. This is very high on my bucket list. Y'all have fun!

I'd say to anybody in that area who's wondering if they should go - the answer is yes, you should. People who like to cook outdoors tend to be cool and fun folk to hang out with, so good eats and great company are guaranteed.

If there is some 275-300 degree space open I will bring some prepped beef short ribs, need em on early

Larry

If there is some 275-300 degree space open I will bring some prepped beef short ribs, need em on early

Larry

Should be plenty of room on a Shirley. We will typically have them rolling smoke by 8:00am. :mrgreen:

Had a Blast at the last Texas Bash I got to go to. It amazes me the Brethren Spirit of all the folks I've met. Rode over from Longview with Ag76. Going to make another one for sure!

Looks like we're a go for stopping by in the morning to smoke some Conecuhs and Opals and then heading to Austin for more stuff for the kids.

Do you guys normally eat it raw dawg or do you need a bun/tortilla-condom?

Looks like we're a go for stopping by in the morning to smoke some Conecuhs and Opals and then heading to Austin for more stuff for the kids.

I would say no bun as I'm not wasting space in my stomach on bread when there's great food to eat all day. But I'd bring buns for the kids.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

What no fryer? (NBD)

What no fryer? (NBD)

Transporting hot oil, or oil at any temp would have been the issue. The wife wants to do things in Austin later that day and it's hard to get rid of the oil funk in the car if it sits longer than a couple of hours.

Back