1st Smoke on UDS - Ribs! <PRON>

CircleW

Knows what a fatty is.
I finally finished the UDS and decided that today would be a good day to do the first smoke!

Here is my drum build if you haven't seen it yet...
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74373&page=3

I picked up some baby back ribs, rubbed them with some Yardbird and on they went! I did a 2.5-1.5-1 method and they were fantastic. I also did some butter, brown sugar and honey in the foil...

DSCN0982.jpg

DSCN0999.jpg

DSCN1001.jpg

DSCN1004.jpg

DSCN1006.jpg

DSCN1007.jpg

Thanks to everyone for all the help building the UDS and also for all the rib recipes and techniques! It all came together!!

CircleW BBQ
BillC

One of the three racks was a little overdone but the other two were perfect and had a little tug to them. I am very happy with the results!

Wow, an expert in one cook!

Well done, I can taste those from here!!!!

Good lookin' eats right there! Just imagine what you'll do in the future with the UDS.

I am going to be "practicing" a lot in the near future. The wife loved these so hopefully it will open up a few more options for me. :)

Looks real good even after the party we had last night when Den Saints Came Marching In !!

Great looking ribs! Nice drum too. Did you put black iron on that awesome SS drum?

I did use black iron... I priced out stainless and got sticker shock! I think the black iron looks pretty cool; I might add another riser and go for a steam punk look...

I am going to be "practicing" a lot in the near future. The wife loved these so hopefully it will open up a few more options for me. :)

As far as I'm concerned, when you 'Q like that, and make the wifey happy, you can write yourself a blank cheque when it comes to BBQ... At least I can! Well, that is if I actually HAD any money, but you know what I mean!:grin:

Thanks for all the great comments! Great rub Plowboys! I bought some Bovine too and will give that a try soon.

Back