You spatchcocking this years bird?

• Spatch

Votes: 36 35.0%
  • No spatch

Votes: 41 39.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 26 25.2%

• Total voters
Since I first did it about 5 years ago it's the only way my wife will eat turkey.

How big of a bird will the uds hold spatched? That is the question.

I am going to cure a turkey like a ham and smoke it whole and see how it comes out. I am having dinner at my Daughters house and so far there are fired turkeys, roasted turkeys and I wanted to try my version instead of a ham.

Jed

I think I have spatched 5 turkey's already this year. Doing another one next weekend. Most likely do one for thanksgiving as well.

No spatching here. Got too many birds to cook. Me and the wife both have divorced parents and I've been elected to cook for all 4 sides of the fam damily!!

Actually I'll most likely be frying my turkeys, but if I were to smoke or even cook in an oven I'd keep it whole. Presentation is important to me on Thanksgiving.

I love deep fried anything.

I do turkeys and chickens all the time.

Yep, on the 26.75 OGT unless the weather is nice and we want to fire up the Santa Maria ranch grill - spatchcock either way:thumb:

Actually I'll most likely be frying my turkeys, but if I were to smoke or even cook in an oven I'd keep it whole. Presentation is important to me on Thanksgiving.

I love deep fried anything.

I do turkeys and chickens all the time.

Try cornish game hens (aka little chickens) - deep fried chicken candy:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Back