BBQ Pit Masters Episode 4

ThomEmery

Babbling Farker
Reaction score

This week Big Mista, Diva Q, Big Poppas and Johnny Trigg
very entertaining line up

Just a note this is a TV show it is for entertainment purposes only
Some in the BBQ "cult" (now I am teasin don't get em in a wad)
are having fits over this year. I wish they had changed the name
of the show for this season It was just asking for disappointment
to change it's content but use the same label

John Markus will be on Greg Rempes show this week
That is courage under fire if I ever saw it

Q

Just a note this is a TV show it is for entertainment purposes only
Some in the BBQ "cult" (now I am teasin don't get em in a wad)
are having fits over this year.

Yes indeedy!
It's a shame that so many rush to be hypercritical of the very rare BBQ shows that make it to national TV. Shouldn't we as "cult" insiders be thrilled to see any type of barbecue programming on the air? It's not like we have the luxury of having to choose between which BBQ show to watch because several are airing at the same time.

I fear all this negativity is going to kill off the efforts of the one Hollywood producer who gives a tinker's damn about competitive BBQ. Then I'll be back to watching Adam 12 on Netflix again because practically all of the network shows in current production are as painful to endure as a root canal.

I'm very happy & excited for Neil and Danielle. Great exposure for them. But I'm really bummed with the changes they made to the show.

You're right Thom, they should've changed the name this season. TLC Grill Masters would be appropriate. NTTAWWT.

*note to self* Search Youtube daily until I find this.

This is going to be fun to watch...

On the show yeh it is not last year's show indeed and I wish it was. BUT it is still Que and is better than "dancing with the stars". And hay several good people and teams are getting their names out that might not of had the chance before (a lot of them being Brethrens). I for one support the show and will watch every week, but I did like the old format better... Just saying.

I will be watching this episode it support of our brethren and sister. I am looking forward to this one, as with others I am dissapointed in the format, it doesn`t keep me interested. But I don`t like to watch TV very much at all and concider it a waste of what little free time i have (all TV) . I am confused tho WHO DO I ROOT FOR?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

I'm disappointed in the lack of actual BBQ process you get to see on the show. You see virtually nothing of the food or the process. The whole show feels rushed. Sorry, but even for reality TV, it isn't that good.

Gonna be smoking spares this week according to TV guide channel. Should be interesting... Go Bretren

Yes indeedy!
It's a shame that so many rush to be hypercritical of the very rare BBQ shows that make it to national TV. Shouldn't we as "cult" insiders be thrilled to see any type of barbecue programming on the air? It's not like we have the luxury of having to choose between which BBQ show to watch because several are airing at the same time.

I fear all this negativity is going to kill off the efforts of the one Hollywood producer who gives a tinker's damn about competitive BBQ. Then I'll be back to watching Adam 12 on Netflix again because practically all of the network shows in current production are as painful to endure as a root canal.

As "cult" insiders we should not be thrilled just because some jerk decided to produce a junk show. We are the ones that should be insulted by this. Just "any" BBQ on the air is not what I'm looking for. I'm not about to lower my standards because that's all there is.

Just saying.

Absolutely todd. For all those that say this is great for "BBQ", where is the BBQ? Folks get eliminated for cooking non-BBQ. Oh sure, they have one BBQ dish, but that isn't taken in to consideration. It's all about the crazy dish that they had to cook and/or coleslaw, macaroni and cheese, et al. Again, where is the BBQ? This is doing a disservice for BBQ. If you don't believe it, look at what the non-cult people are saying about the show. So it's not just us BBQr's that are upset with the format and what they have done to it...

No thanks. I do supoport those that are on the show, doesn't mean I have to like it or want to watch it... Which is my choise. To not watch it.

I'm disappointed in the lack of actual BBQ process you get to see on the show. You see virtually nothing of the food or the process. The whole show feels rushed. Sorry, but even for reality TV, it isn't that good.

I agree, I was so interested in Firehouse BBQ brisket, but it was so abbreviated that it was not helpful. I guess they are worried about shigging.

Back