• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brinkman Smoke King Deluxe Heavy Duty VS Bandera

T

treymoran

Well, its time to finally lay the old Bandera to rest. She's all worn out...hinges are starting to break, bottom of the firebox is about gone, the lid on the firebox is pretty much gone. Ive had this thing forever. I looked as some old threads but wanted some current opinons on the Brinkman version (backwards as it is) of the Bandera. How does it measure up? I have made alot of good meat in the Bandera and I like the vertical chamber set up.

I'd start looking on CL for a used NBBD. There are still some out there in reasonable cond.

Last I looked the Brinkman was $479. I paid $300 for mine, did a few mods and it's lookin good!:clap2::clap2:

I don't know any store that stocks them, but looking at the off sets in Lowe's they are thin but might not be that bad. And I don't know where else you can find a Bandera for that kind of money.

Good luck

I've tried to find a Bandera locally on craigslist. I went and looked at 3 so far....all are in the same shape as mine. As far as the "Heavy Duty" descriptior...thats how it's listed on the Brinkman site. I don't mind payin the 479 if its going last me close to what the Bandera did.

I have ordered the Brinkmann...they discounted it enough to cover tax & shipping so the final tally was a few bucks less than the list price. I'm going to do a couple mods, season it and maybe throw some babybacks this weekend. Anyone need a Bandera for parts? Smoke chamber is in great shape. Firebox has a busted (rusted) hinge, the base is about gone. was gonna cost me 150 to get it media blasted but I decided to go new.

Is the Bandera a New Braunfels? I it is I would like the LOGO plate if you have one. Shiipping for the rest would probably be too much to be worth it.

I've tried to find a Bandera locally on craigslist. I went and looked at 3 so far....all are in the same shape as mine. As far as the "Heavy Duty" descriptior...thats how it's listed on the Brinkman site. I don't mind payin the 479 if its going last me close to what the Bandera did.
Try google & then ebay.

Jim, I actually never put the logo plate on. It's still in the plastic wrapper somewhere in one of my toolboxes. If I find it its yours....or maybe I should take of the Brinkmann logo and put on the New Braunsfels....lol

Jim, I actually never put the logo plate on. It's still in the plastic wrapper somewhere in one of my toolboxes. If I find it its yours....or maybe I should take of the Brinkmann logo and put on the New Braunsfels....lol

That would not be right, you might mislead some poor soul. Hope you find it so it can go on an original NB.:becky:

Thanks

Well, its time to finally lay the old Bandera to rest. She's all worn out...hinges are starting to break, bottom of the firebox is about gone, the lid on the firebox is pretty much gone. Ive had this thing forever. I looked as some old threads but wanted some current opinons on the Brinkman version (backwards as it is) of the Bandera. How does it measure up? I have made alot of good meat in the Bandera and I like the vertical chamber set up.

Tred,

If I read your post correctly, you like the Dera, but have just worn yours out.

Well, there is a really nice Dera only 60 miles or so from you for $125.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84505

Easy.

TIM

Kapn, as tempting as that Dera is I am curious to try the Brinkmann (plus I had already ordered it...oops!). The one in the thread looks like mine did about 5 years ago. Burned many a long fire in it since then. The new one should be in this week. Looking forward to modding it as I put it together, seasoning and maybe filling it with baby backs this weekend. Yum!

The only thing heavy duty about the Smoke`N Pit Smoke King Deluxe Heavy-Duty Charcoal/Wood Smoker & Grill is the price. Its made of the same thin stuff the horizontal offsets are. It will work fine after some mods. Congrats on your new cooker! :cool:

Well, upon first inspection the metal seems to be pretty much the same guage/thickness as my old Bandera..so points there. I had forgotten how fun it is just opening the box. I am liking this one so far.

Well, upon first inspection the metal seems to be pretty much the same guage/thickness as my old Bandera..so points there. I had forgotten how fun it is just opening the box. I am liking this one so far.

No pic's-you are just dreaming :becky:

will take pics this weekend. The only complaint I have with this model is the handles and locking on the doors is no good. I'll need to modify it a bit to get them to stay tightly closed. other than that im happy with it. Just got it assembled yesterday, going to season it this week and break it in Friday afternoon.

Ok, no pics from the weekend. it got too busy with people showing up Friday night. 6 slabs of babybacks, 1 12 lb brisket, 1 turkey and some sausage..excellent results for a first smoke on the Brinkman. Grilled up some sliders on the firebox yesterday. Getting lots of use so far.

I'm looking at getting the Brinkmann Smoke King Deluxe. I'm seeing it listed as a "Heavy Duty" model and sometimes without the HD, usually with ~$100 or so price difference.

Are there really 2 different models? or are they just charging for the initials

Thanks in advance
John

Back