Mustard Based BBQ Sauce

B

bbqpigskin

I just got my package from Chad, and he sent me a couple of bottles of mustard based BBQ sauces. I've never used them before. Out here in California, you do not see them at all. Any suggestions?

bbqpigskin said:
I just got my package from Chad, and he sent me a couple of bottles of mustard based BBQ sauces. I've never used them before. Out here in California, you do not see them at all. Any suggestions?

You can use the mustard based sauce on almost anything you would use a tomato-based sauce on, if you find you like the flavor.

I like the mustard-based on pork best. Ribs or pulled pork. However, I am not a huge fan of using lots of sauce of any kind.

Taste the sauce straight out of the bottle and see what you think before you spread it on a bunch of stuff.
Some people don't like mustard.

Last night I did some jerk smoked pork loin sandwiches on steamed potato rolls with Cattleman's new mustard sauce and grilled pineapple relish. They were great and easy.

As mentioned above, I sometimes make a mustard sauce for pulled pork. It is a nice cheange.

Yeah . . . mustard- based sauces are great on pork. That's my preferred pulled-pork sammich sauce. There's a great recipe for an easy mustard sauce in DrBBQ's 1st book. I use it often.

Mustard sauce

I made some mustard sauce with vinager on some country style ribs it was awsome and everybody just raved over them!!

Me too. Would probably work on chicken if thinned a little bit.

I like the Mustard Sauces on Pork. The rest of the family can live without it.

Mike -

I'm going to have to go with the others on this one ... Pulled Pork.

Out of curiousity ... where was the pic in your avatar taken?

I like mustard based sauce with pork and ribs...especially with those nasty fall off the bone kind of ribs:eek: ...pick the poor overcooked meat up (who uses a fork in a bbq joint?) and dip it in some sauce "on the side".:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks for the replies. Ijust got done rubbing down some ribs with Bad Byron's cut with turbinado. I am going to try out the mustard sauce on one rack, and a couple of other sauces that I got in trade on the other two. I'll post tonight with pics.

Biffleg-I'm not sure where I got that pic. it just looked like a good one!

Mustard based sauces are great on both chicken and pork (I tend to like it on pork loin as opposed to pulled pork). For something a little different, grill scallops over high heat and apply the mustard sauce as the very end. That's always been one of my favorite things to do with mustard based sauces.

Brought back from the Dead ..2006 !

Anyway I Live In Phoenix,AZ
Um Not exactly the BBq Zone If ya Know what I Mean..Anyway I Just Tried a Mustard based BBq sauce the other day ..And I Fookin loved it ..Never had anything Like in my 49 years on this Blessed Planet.
So i ask And its From a bottle and it turns out to be Famous Daves georgia mustard or somthing like that ....So iF I Liked that I KNOW All YOU FARKERS In the South gotta have Some You can Recommend Or at least point me in a Direction ??
Since I Live in the Desert Online ordering wood b Kool !!!
But WOW Whoood a Thunkit Mustard based Sauce ...It Kicks Arse.!
Thanks in advance for any suggestions .:becky::becky::becky::becky::thumb::clap2:

Mustard sauce is my favorite on pulled pork. Such a great combo.

I mix up a batch of Roxy's Mustard Sauce every time I make pulled pork:thumb:

Mustard sauce to finish off your chicken is really good. I've always liked Maurice's
Original-Sauce_2.gif
. I also love it as a dipping sauce for pulled pork.

Back