I took this:
004.JPG

Rubbed it:
009.JPG

14 hours later @ 225* it was this:
Shoulder pics 001.JPG
Shoulder pics 005.JPG

Now the scary part:

About 4 am, I went outside with my little itty bitty flashlight to light chimney, then Minion method in the drum.
After about an hour of the drum holding at 225* I took this picture.........
012.JPG

HOLY MOLY!! :shocked: :doh:

When the flash went off I saw IT! :shocked: :shocked: :faint2:
The gas jug was 2-3’ from the chimney :nono: just beyond the range of the flashlight!!

Nothing happened.......... :boom: WHEW! I have no idea why! :noidea:

And the lesson: :idea:
I will now set up the cooker in the daylight until I get the lights installed in the patio........

Have fun.........ALWAYS BE SAFE!

OH! btw The meat was :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Yep, that's pretty bad leaving that thing just at the edge of the range of the flashlight. You should definitely move it in closer so you can keep a better eye on it.

Al kidding aside though, glad nothing bad happened.

I'm glad all are safe,but since they are, :pound: That's some funny stuff!!!

Last week I was trying to make my charcoal basket for by UDS, and thought, hey, why don't I heat it up and try to make it easier. Only problem was, I was wrapping the expanded metal around a propane tank!:shock::doh:. I thought about how bad an idea that would be about 3 seconds before heating the metal WHILE it was wrapped around the tank! And this was the middle of the day, not dark, just dumb!!!

Mike

ha, I did that the other day, but with somethin way worse. I was burning out a couple drums for some new smokers. I was in the middle of burning one, and had the 2nd one sitting right next to it, only to remember it was a drum of medical grade 99% IPA, or Isopropal Alcohol! I grabbed it quick and drug it to the other side of the driveway.

On the plus side, I ended up spilling about a quart of the IPA on the driveway. Instead of cleaning it up, I just lit it on fire. Made a really cool blue flame all over my driveway before it burned out. Guess it's good working for a chemical manufacture!

May I also warn you that in the pic there is what appears to be a full oil drum with smoke coming out of the top. Now I'm not an archeologist, but I don't think oil and fire mix :becky:.

You use gasoline to light the chimney?

Yep! it adds a different flavor profile to dinner.... and it keeps the FUR :shocked: under control! :becky:

I'm glad all are safe,but since they are, :pound: That's some funny stuff!!!

Last week I was trying to make my charcoal basket for by UDS, and thought, hey, why don't I heat it up and try to make it easier. Only problem was, I was wrapping the expanded metal around a propane tank!:shock::doh:. I thought about how bad an idea that would be about 3 seconds before heating the metal WHILE it was wrapped around the tank! And this was the middle of the day, not dark, just dumb!!!

Mike

WOW! That was a "near miss"

Is that a generator full of gas behind the smoker?

Nope, Pyle has the winning answer....

Looks like a lawn mower full of gas.

Yep! not quite full, but not very smart either. I put the charcoal basket right next to the chimney and dumped the red hot coals into it, with glowing embers were flying everywhere and..........the jug spout was not capped. :boom:Whew!

May I also warn you that in the pic there is what appears to be a full oil drum with smoke coming out of the top. Now I'm not an archeologist, but I don't think oil and fire mix :becky:.

My major was Bovine Scatology (aka BS of BS) I know you're right :crazy:

I was looking for bigfoot behind your smoking trying to steal your butt.

Really! I only see those guys after my friends Jack and Jose' visit... :becky:

Dude it looks like there is a ghost man to the upper left of your smoker!!!!!! I thought that's what you were gonna talk about!!!! :shocked:

OK, another one that should go straight to wood pile?

I see the gas, but still... WP.

012-copy.jpg

HOLY MOLY!! :shocked: :doh:

When the flash went off I saw IT! :shocked: :shocked: :faint2:

What about the BIGFOOT?

Back