Sanctioning Needed for AR and Jack invite ?

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi,

I just checked out the sites for the Jack and the American Royal. I didn't see anything in their invitational criteria mentioning sanctioning being part of the requirement to get a chance at the invite. Am I missing something?

Eric

Not sure about the Jack but the last time I remember reading about the AR, it did not specify need for specific sanctioning bodies. It just mentioned qualifiying contests that had state/governor proclamation and over 25 teams (15+ first year) or other non state championships with 50+ teams.

If the question is can a contest be well executed and draw 25-50+ teams without sanctioning by KCBS, ICBA etc. have the GC qualify if all the other criteria is met, it would seem so but there is probably some type of committee for the AR and Jack that would review all requests for an invitation that were not "official" as defined by a sanctioning body that they were familiar with to ensure legitimate requests.

The Kettering contest last year was an unsanctioned first year event with 15+ teams and the GC got an automatic to the Jack.

Got ta cook the 3 meats (Pork can be done with spare only example IBCA)
A unsanctioned event with 50 and no proclamation will go to the Royal and Jack Draw
15 1st year 25 there after with the proclamation

Back