Transporting ABT'S

outside ed

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Good morning everyone, I am doing a tailgate party for our high school team this coming friday and I am need of some advice on how to keep my ABT'S warm during the rideto the game and while serving. Also, I am serving ribs and Italian fatties. Any advice would be appreciated in this matter. Thank you and I hope everyone has a good day. Ed

Do you have a bread brick? Not sure if that is what they are really called but it is a terra cotta brick that you heat up in the oven then put in a bread basket to keep your rolls warm. You probably could just do that with a regular brick - wrap in aluminium foil, heat up in the oven then wrap in a towel, put in a cooler and add your ABTs.

I had the same question only I was smoking the ABT's and serving them @ 5 hours later! I coolered them and Matt/backyardchef suggested reheating them on a grill before serving to warm them up, it did the trick and they were good, but not like hot off the smoker! People will rave about them anyway, hope it works out for you!

Brian

If you have all of that food good and hot and its not a long ride or delay to the party, it should be fine in a cooler.

I have kept ribs warm for hours in an igloo. Just use the smallest cooler you can fit it all into and when serving, open the lid as little as possible.

I wrapped my rack in saran wrap and into hot cooler. I took to party and opened when ready, Were still warm and got no complaints.

I got that Heavy duty stuff. Read on here that it was ok to use in ovens at reasonable temp. I have these stainless racks and did not have a problem. Will do it again.
ABTRack.jpg

Thanks everyone, it is only 15 minutes to the field. So I think cooler and a brick may be the ticket. Ed

You can pre-heat the cooler by pouring in a pot of boiling water and then dump out right before you fill it up with the cooked food.

Back